- 02-19-2010, 10:09 AM #9
This is my first one. But haven't talked to my doctor about the delivery process yet. I am just half way in my pregnancy now (at week 20), and last time I saw him I was in week 14. Probably will ask him on my next appointment next month.
- 02-19-2010, 05:40 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Hong Kong
then i would suggest that you relax a bit
- 02-19-2010, 06:06 PM #11
hehe, no, I am relaxed... I am not nervous at all. I have been feeling pretty fine (touch wood!)
The reason I asked was because I used to have a coworker who gave birth at UH, and when I got first pregnant (which ended in m/c) 3 years ago, she told me that would be a good plan being registered on both private and public system, just in case anything unexpected comes up.
But actually I wasn't expecting UH to ask for 20K for deposit so soon... so I was wondering, if that "unexpected" thing comes up, what would happen to my deposit, as the insurance would not cover that kind of expense.
But I think I will just go ahead and pay the deposit. I think my insurance coverage is pretty good, and should cover most of the expenses..... Probably my old coworker was worried because she wasn't covered by insurance.
- 02-19-2010, 06:14 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Tsuen Wan
Gataloca - I think it`s good to ask these questions, because you are only in your 20th week you said, so you don`t really know how the rest of your pregnancy is going to go(though I`m sure you will be fine).
20K IS a lot of cash and it does seem early to be asking for it, but they are a business, and want to make sure all their beds are filled up. Maybe they get a bonus or something:)
If your insurance is ok, and your think you want to deliver there, then sure, go ahead and pay.
- By Mikimoo in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM
- By AgnesForbes in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM
- By geomum in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 07-30-2009, 07:12 AM
- By Little bird in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
- By joannek in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2008, 10:57 PM