Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Deposit reembursement

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Deposit reembursement

Hi,

I would like to deliver at Union Hospital, if everything is smooth. However, I have also registered on the Public Hospital, just in case I have any complication, like early delivery, early contraction, etc...

The issue is that Union Hospital told me I should do the booking and pay the 20K deposit on my next appointment.

My question is, if for any of the mentioned reason, I end up delivering at the Public Hospital, would they give me a full refund of my deposit? Anyone has experience in this?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I considered delivering there. The one thing that changed my mind at the last minute is that they wanted a big deposit, and it was non-refundable regardless of what happened and I was not guaranteed what I asked for. I was really turned off. They are just businesspeople.

Really? The receptionist said that under some extreme condition, the money can be reimbursed (like miscarriage or fetal death). Do you know if all private hospitals are the same? or just in Union Hospital????

ding288 is offline Registered User
    I have stayed at the Adventist and will be going back there for my second baby. When I made the deposit, I remember them saying the only time they will give me my deposit back is if it was an emergency. So I don't know how they determine what an emergency would be. I think you should ask Union the "what ifs" before you make your deposit and to get the answers directly.

hobbes is offline Registered User
    I only got 90% of my deposit back from Adventist, even tho I had a miscarriage and had a D&C there, which cost me more than the deposit. Hospitals here do not refund deposits as a matter of policy so be wary.

Tini is offline Registered User
    No, I just read on it. The UH does not refund you the deposit be it that the doctor quits his job, then yes. They actually got it all written down on their website.

But why did you book at a public hospital in case of emergency? If there is an emergency than UH will transfer you anyways.

Hi Tini. Cause my insurance should cover a normal delivery or c section. But If I have any emergency, like early contraction or delivery that may require many days of hospitalization for either me or the baby, I think I would prefer to go to a public hospital, instead of worrying about coverage.

Tini is offline Registered User
    @Gataloca
    Why are you so worried about an emergency? Have you had c-section before or is this your first child?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast