"Baby-Equipment" store comparison
- 08-29-2010, 10:00 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Hong Kong
I find Eugene Club very frustrating. All their store labels are now in Chinese only so it is difficult to see what price things are on the shelves unless you read Chinese. They have some good stuff there but the combination of frustrating labels, hopeless staff and the fact they won't tell you the price of things over the phone (!!) means I avoid them unless necessary. I like the B2B staff and Mothercare too.
- 08-30-2010, 09:41 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- The Peak
Personally I like B2B more, but definitely for clothes I'd go to Mothercare as they are cheaper and I kind of resent paying for expensive babygros that will be outgrown in 3 months.
I mainly used B2B for the stuff I bought in HK but I admit I cheated and got a lot of stuff in the UK and hauled it all back with me as way cheaper over there.
I also got some stuff (nursing chair, bath support) second hand in HK through the classifieds on "the other website" or from friends. Always worth asking friends who might have had their last child if they want to sell you a job lot of stuff.
The other thing I would say that the staff in all these babycare shops in HK are not that knowledgeable beyond what's printed on the box so worth doing your research on stuff like cots/ pushchairs/ slings/ car seats before you go in.
Finally......I agree with Carang that the "essentials" lists published by the shops go way beyond essentials. Some stuff on the list (eg cot bumpers) are not even recommended in many countries anymore and you need to think about how much space all the "nice to have's" take up.
- 08-30-2010, 09:57 AM #11
WING ON! SO much cheaper. but for the occasional thing I go to B2B
Eugene is too expensive/overpriced. Mothercare is alright (better when they have sales!)
Jusco has some pretty reasonably priced items too
- 08-30-2010, 10:48 AM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- hong kong
- 09-02-2010, 11:23 PM #13
Thanks for sharing, thundacatchergo. Great website.
- By Peko-chan in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 9Last Post: 09-02-2010, 09:28 PM
- By 3Tower in forum Babies Born in 2010Replies: 43Last Post: 06-18-2010, 01:57 PM
- By frisbee90 in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 15Last Post: 12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
- By jaetee in forum Baby TalkReplies: 1Last Post: 01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
- By cckwok in forum Parenting - Toddlers and PreschoolersReplies: 1Last Post: 12-29-2006, 08:18 PM