Going back to work - breastfeeding and formula together?
- 02-15-2010, 11:04 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2007
Thanks all for your comments.
In order prepare myself and the baby for my return to work, I introduced formula to my baby a few days ago....but he refuses to drink it happily. The most I could get him to drink was 50ml (fed by my husband/helper). Most of the times, he will only drink 10-20 ml, and usually cries loads and protests. Is this normal? Should I try a different brand of formula or just stick to this one and wait awhile until he gets used to it?
- 02-16-2010, 05:08 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Hong Kong
I went back to work at 12 weeks and managed to almost exclusively breastfeed my baby to 11 months old. This is what I did:
7am breastfeed off one side and express from the other (the expressed milk was used for the 11am feed which I missed while at work)
11am expressed milk
3pm expressed milk (expressed from the 10.30pm feed the previous night - see below)
10.30pm dream feed - formula feed and I expressed for the next days 3pm feed
This worked for me and meant that I only needed to express twice a day at work which was ok for my work schedule. I didn't have anywhere where I could sterilise and pump in a clean environment so I pumped in the bathrooms and just threw away the milk. If there had been anywhere clean to do it then I'd have keep the milk I expressed at work.
- By TheQuasimother in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 8Last Post: 06-11-2010, 08:41 AM
- By ania79 in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 11Last Post: 05-23-2010, 11:31 PM
- By yellowmud in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 15Last Post: 09-13-2009, 03:09 PM
- By noc in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 5Last Post: 06-20-2008, 04:46 PM
- By premama in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 9Last Post: 01-12-2008, 10:10 PM