Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

bub fell out of bed

solidstars is offline Registered User
    the first time is always the worse, when i told my friend about it he says 'all babies bounce'!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    indeed it is, solidstars. really hoping that that was the first time as well as the last! *wishful thinking*

carang is offline Registered User
    we never bought a "kid's bed" rather just a regular twin size. it just seemed wasteful to me to keep replacing beds when it isn't really necessary. i was able to get a really cool "race car" bed on an expat website. it is a little tikes model and is a HUGE bed! i only paid $1000 for the frame and i supplied my own matress. the same frame at toys club is about $4.5-5.5k!!!!

for a rail for my daughter we just got one from toys r us, i think?

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Thank you, as always!!!

bridiemexico is offline Registered User
    I'm not posting this to freak you out or scare you but my boy fell off a table on his second birthday.
    I was right there and tried to break his fall but couldn't get there in time. He cried for a bit and there was no blood and I couldn't even find a lump. I checked his pupils when he went for his afternoon sleep in case. They were fine. That afternoon he had a bad headache and that night before bed he vomited.
    He slept with us that night so we could keep an eye on him. The next morning he seemed ok but vomited again. We took him to the GP who sent us to the hospital for a scan.
    Long story short he had cracked his skull and had a craniotomy to remove the bleed in his brain.

This may all sound very scary but he is fine. The worst thing for me was after the surgery when he came home, I was worried constantly about him falling or hitting his head.I found it so stressful and tiring. I can't understand how some parents can keep up that level of worry.
    In the end I learnt that he still has to learn from his mistakes and we can't wrap him in cotton wool.
    7 months on and you would never know anything had happened and thankfully I can still let him run around and bang his head every so often without freaking out.
    Try not to worry about things like that too much, although things do happen!

carang is offline Registered User
    if your child vomits after a head bang, take them IMMEDIATELY to the hospital. do NOT wait!!!

otherwise, relax, kids fall, they bang their heads. most of the time, they will be fine, but be vigilant "just in case"

Tini is offline Registered User
    You won't be the first and last whose child this happens to. I have heard from so many moms saying that their kids dropped off the bed, etc. My friends son fell on the top of his head when he was 6 months old. She thought he could sit and put him on a chair, looked away for a "split" second and it happend. My son fell of the bed on a hard wood floor while I prepared his bottle early in the morning. I lay him next to my husband but my husband fell back asleep and I only heard the loud bang. Luckily nothing happenend!

If your child falls on the head and is sleepy or cranky an hour after go immediately to see doctor or ER! Don't wait! It's important to observe the child!

MattiesMom is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    if your child vomits after a head bang, take them IMMEDIATELY to the hospital. do NOT wait!!!

otherwise, relax, kids fall, they bang their heads. most of the time, they will be fine, but be vigilant "just in case"
    When you say vomit, do you mean vomit milk? After the day my 2 month old fell off the couch onto the floor, he's had 1 feed per day where he vomits some of the milk he just finished drinking. Is this a cause for concern???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Scroll to top