Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

bub fell out of bed

carang is offline Registered User
    does your child normally vomit a little after a feed? (spit up?) a little is ok, as it might just be overfeeding or gas... if it is copious (a lot) amounts, then definitely take him to the doctor or hospital.

if you are EVER in doubt, then take to the doctor....

MattiesMom is offline Registered User
    He's had times where he vomitted more than just a mouthful before the accident, however since his bump on Sunday, he's vomitted once per day this week (except yesterday he did not)...

carang is offline Registered User
    doesn't sound like anything too major... if he's still doing it a week later.

however, i am not a doctor. nor have i seen your baby. you know your baby best! if he's acting differently than normal, then please, set your mind at ease and take him to see a doctor. if he's acting normally, then relax.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Also - I would consider how high the fall was - how high is your sofa? Did your baby fall onto a hard wood floor or carpet? My pediatrician always said that if he fell less than 3 ft and especially onto carpet it shouldn't be a problem.

Again - if the vomiting is not normal routine, i would take the baby to the doctor just to be sure. But then I am one of those moms who would always rather be safe than sorry and tend to be over cautious.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Everyone has a story - I am not repeating mine cos I still feel bad. Anyway, if they cry straight away - that is a good sign!!

MattiesMom is offline Registered User

Angry

The sofa is less than 3 feet high, but he fell face-first onto the wood flooring. I am still peeved at the hubby for falling asleep with the baby on top of him!

He smacked his head on the floor, and then wailed really loudly for a few minutes! But after calming down, he seemed alright.

It could be just coincidence that he's vomitting milk these few days, perhaps due to overfeeding. We'll be monitoring his feeds more closely from now on to see if it's still happens.

Thanks for all your responses!

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    i'd take him to the doc if i'd doubts - better be safe than sorry!
    Last edited by Aava.Wong; 04-01-2010 at 02:17 PM.

junkochan is offline Registered User
    Oh I read you posts few days back, and gosh... my 8-month baby fell off the sofa today - for the first time of her life. I too feel very bad and sorry, and thinknng of taking her to the doctor tonight. She fell on her head and hands, and feet still on sofa upside down.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Scroll to top