Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

where to rent playhouses/baby toys?

solidstars is offline Registered User
    should i worry about the bubbles popping into the babies eyes?/rubbing it into their eyes with their hands?

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    hi solidstars,

my baby will turn one soon too so i'm in the planning stage, no entertainers too.

I have this swimming pool that i will just put lots of balls inside. Got the idea from another party, kids loves balls.

i've got a lot of balls prepared too... just not the pool bit!

carang is offline Registered User
    bubbles are fine. i use them all the time at my playgroup. kids love them! they are actually great for little ones hand-eye coordination.

if you get one of the machines, then the bubbles are all pretty uniform in size and don't use too much solution. if you blow them yourself, they can use a lot more solution and may cause some problems.

just following up post event:
    -in the end I did not rent a ball pool, jumping castle, etc
    -I did splurge on the cake
    -I made alot of DIY 'shapes' frames (triangles,squares, circles) and stuck baby's 0-12 month photos on them and then stuck them on the wall (I chucked the 'frames' after, they were only cheap poster material anyways)
    -Pumped a whole lot of balloons, stuck some on the walls
    -Bought only one helium balloon (still floating around in the apartment now... a month later) as these are quite costly in hk.
    -Brought all our playmats and a bunch of toys for babies to share
    -Took group baby photos standing around the cake, it was so hectic so in hindsight I should have gotten someone to take a big group photo so that even the non-babies people would be preserved in photographic memory forever!
    -Made some hard poster 'signs' ie. Adult snacks area, Baby snacks area (which I brought myself), Baby changing area (I brought some wet wipes, etc).

It went well, i think. Everything was a blur as time flew. hahahah

(edit)ps. I did have bubbles prepared but forgot to use them...

Quote Originally Posted by carey View Post
    Hi Solidstar, please let me know how you party go as we are also planning our son's first year birthday which is three month from now.

We are going to have it at my parents house where they have a nice garden. My husband really wants a barbecue and inviting all the friends over.

I have been thinking what to do to entertain the kids we are going to invite. I am hoping to find a party entertainer--perhaps a clown or someone who can make animals out of balloons. (Not sure how available is this in the Mainland). I know my son would be too small to enjoy it. But if he sees other kids having fun, he probably could join in for a bit too.

But what Carang said really makes the point clear of this kind of party for me it's more for the parents. And hopefully, I don't end up with too much work then which might stress me out.

Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123