Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st check-up since birth at MCHC?

babyat23 is offline Registered User

1st check-up since birth at MCHC?

How long in advance do I need to book for my baby's 1st visit since birth at the Maternal & Child health centre? Thank you!

carang is offline Registered User
    they will usually tell you at the hospital. it is usually only a couple of days at most. they will also tell you where to go for the appointment.

the public hospitals will arrange it all, there is really no need to stress about these things.

relax and enjoy the process!
    good luck!

babyat23 is offline Registered User
    Hi Carang thanks for your reply. Thing is I give birth a week ago at QMH. During the discharge they gave me a bunch of papers but never mentioned anything about my baby's 1st check-up. I was just going thru my things and now I'm wondering do I need to book an appointment or can I just show up?

i would call them asap, then. you should have received a little book (blue if you had a boy, pink if you had a girl)... at the back, they usually have a place to write the appts.

i had two complicated pregnancies seen to by the high risk team at QMH. both kids were delivered via c-section. i had to go the day after discharge to have my stitches removed and for them to check out the baby. i'm not sure what the drill is if you have simple, natural deliveries without any complications.

i would call them RIGHT NOW.
    good luck!

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    When I had my daughter at QMH in 2008 they gave me a number to call to arrange my first MCHC visit, they told me to call the following day to make an appointment and my first appointment was when my daughter was 1 week old.

Just look up the MCHC clinic you want to attend and give them a call, they have always been really helpful and I would imagine they would want you to have an appointment this coming week.

It was at this MCHC visit they gave me the little book that Cara talks about. After the first visit it really is very organised, you get your next appointment before you leave.

like i said, mine was arranged at QMH for the day after i was discharged, both times... BUT i might be an exception to the norm considering my pregnancies and the fact that my second was a technical premie...

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Just call the clinic closest to you. QMH didn't book for me but we booked in ourselves within a week of being discharged. I live in Pokfulam so we booked at SaiYingPun. There should be a list of clinics and their phone numbers and just call. They have very limited hours in which they make appointments--it will say on the machine if you don't get a hold of anyone at first. Be prepared to wait awhile the first time. You'll need to fill out some forms, then get baby weighed, then see a nurse for an interview about baby and birth. They'll book you in for the next appointment with a doctor for the baby examination.

yonge is offline Registered User
    The MCHCs are listed here: Family Health Service Maternal and Child Health Centres

You'll need the child's HK birth certificate for the registration.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast