Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

tokyo disney?

carang is offline Registered User

tokyo disney?

has anyone been? which hotel did you stay at? was it worth the VERY hefty price?

thoughts and comments, please....

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Comments - yes please as I am interested in taking my little ones. Is it similar to HK? Was it FULL of people when you went? Did it have some entertainment for the bigger kids (ie parents)?

haven't been but MUCH MUCH MUCH bigger than the hk one...

FriedOkra is offline Registered User

Do you mean Tokyo Disneyland or Disney Sea?

Both are quite crowded on weekends and Japanese public holidays. My friend went in late December, and you had to wait for over one hour for most of the rides. If you avoid those dates, then the lines are not that bad. It is much bigger, hence a bit more exhausting walking around.

As for hotels, I would not recommend staying in the Disney hotels unless you were committed to spending two days or so there. But if you have little people, it might make it easier to explore Disneyland without worrying too much. There's not much out there (in Chiba, not Tokyo!) except for a great acquarium close by.

Bunkey Mama is offline Registered User

Hi, have been to both Tokyo and HK DisneyLand, I must say, Tokyo is much much bigger than HK and it has more attractions. If you seriously want to attack all the attractions, it will take a full day.

-Although the name Tokyo, you have a 30 minute train ride from Tokyo station. They do have hotels within the resort which is quite nice, you have direct access to the parks from the hotel.
    - Tokyo : you have Land and Sea, Land is the traditional Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, Snow white etc, Sea is Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones ,more focused on teenagers, adults, you can even have alcohol there.
    - If you go on weekends, there will be long long lines, sometimes 2 hours waiting, so I suggest that you utilize the "fast track" tickets for the main attractions. It's a system where the ticket gives you when to come back so that you do not have to wait in line and enjoy other rides.
    - The entrance free pass has 2 types, all day and after hours which start from 4 or 5 until the close, obviously discounted. Junior, Adult and Senior rates apply.
    - The food at Tokyo is superb, it's one of the entertainments I guess, when my family goes, we just hog onto everything, they have turkey legs, chicken legs, popcorn and the popcorn bucket is quite cute and useful.

If any other info you need, please let me know!

Bunkey Mama

thanks, i know that they have the disney sea as well. i'm just trying to figure out if it is within our budget. to be perfectly honest, japan doesn't hold much fascination for me. i am more thinking about my kids...

what i don't know is whether it is better with two kids (3&5) to splurge and stay in the hotel in the resort or whether it is better to travel a little and spend a little less. also, there are 3 hotels in the resorts themselves, i believe, and i'm wondering which is a little cheaper than the others.

if it were up to me, i would rather go to the one in california again (been there a few times) but i'm not sure if US immigration would refuse my husband's visa again or not. also, the jetlag is a big turnoff, not to mention the fact that my family in canada would be a little annoyed if we didn't go to see them at the same time!

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

Personally, I would say Tokyo Disneyland is one of the least fascinating things Japan has to offer. I am not saying it's no fun, but there is so much more to see! I think it would be a waste to only visit Disneyland there ... but that's my humble opinion. Like pp said, it's in Ciba, a prefecture outside Tokyo, basically a suburb with a lot of commuters.