Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Is it ok to use the Ergo carrier during pregnancy?

lylee is offline Registered User

Is it ok to use the Ergo carrier during pregnancy?

hi all, i just found out i'm pregnant with #2. my first is now 17mos & i carry her in the ergo a lot. just wondering, have any of you used the ergo whilst you are pregnant? which carry position (ie. front, side, back) do you find is best? my parents tell me not to carry my toddler anymore especially during 1st trimester, but i find that very hard especially since she's going through the stranger anxiety phase right now... tks!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    i think it's ok to use. my friend used it all throughout being pregnant with her second child. she just adusted the straps and the waistband so it didn't sit right in the middle of her tummy.

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I am now 27 weeks with number 2 and I could use it until about a month ago and since then I have found the weight of my son (around 11kgs) was too much pressing on the baby. It made me really uncomfortable. I think it depends how big your bump is and how high/low it is. Mine is big and quite low so it doesn't work well!

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I think that if your body is used to it then its ok - your body will soon tell you when to stop and yes, you cant suddenly stop carrying your 1st child and push him/her out. Just not stretching and bend your knees

lylee is offline Registered User
    tks for your replies. i'll continue using the ergo & carrying her for now as it still feels fine. guess her being a tiny tot (~9kg) makes it easier as well. tks!

Tini is offline Registered User
    Have you tried carrying your little one on the back in the Ergo? Your little one is old enough to be carried on the back now, also there is so much more to see ;)