Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where to go on a date w/ hubby?

ctrbabe1 Guest

Where to go on a date w/ hubby?

This coming Saturday, my hubby and I are planning to go out on a date. We don't have a helper, so will have to pay for one of our friends' teenagers to come babysit. We hardly ever get alone time together, and have no idea what to do. We're planning to go out to dinner, but then what? There aren't any movies out that we are interested in seeing, there aren't any shows or concerts going on this weekend that we would want to see, he's not interested in getting a couples massage... what else is there to do?? We don't drink alcohol, so we're not interested in going to any bars or clubs. Can you believe we've been here 6 years and I still don't know what to do for entertainment. ;)

Thanks for any help.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

love hotel;)

aussie mum is offline Registered User

before or after dinner you could catch the star ferry across to TST. wander around....stop for a drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) at the lobby bar at the intercontinental (gorgeous views back to the city lights of HK Island). just enjoy each others company.

reei is offline Registered User

karaoke..
    shopping,, shopping without kids tagging along is totally different experience..

monte is offline Registered User

I agree with the star ferry idea. We often take it across to TST, get dinner, then walk along the promenade and get coffee at Starbucks. It's nice just to be together and enjoy the skyline.
    We go out every Saturday night, so we have to do it on a pretty limited budget, but it's our chance to explore the city and get time together. We often go out to dinner in some new neighborhood (get lots of ideas for restaurants in HK magazine, and I keep a running list of places we want to try) then wander around and explore together. We often finish up with coffee somewhere, sometimes bringing a crossword puzzle book or cards or even just reading the newspaper.
    It's worth it--enjoy your date!

tstmum is offline Registered User

Why not pretend to be tourists for a night? Catch the Peak tram and have dinner at the Peak, or take a ferry to Lamma for a seafood dinner, the Star Ferry as mentioned above is a great idea too - I always find it really relaxing (when not in a hurry!). Have a drink (mocktail, or whatever) with a view in TST - Intercontinental, Felix at the Peninsula, Aqua, or somewhere like that - before or after dinner.

Most of all, have a great time!

syuan is offline Registered User

doesn't need to be a couples massage. my husband and i often do foot reflexology together, sitting side by side, chatting or reading.

carang is offline Registered User

funny, i was going to mention star ferry (if coming from hk island) and TST waterfront. i LOVE it there and don't often get to go and sit and just take in the view.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast