Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Contact for private part of QMH

digitalhen is offline Registered User

Contact for private part of QMH

Hi guys,

My wife and I are moving to Hong Kong in 2 months - our baby is due on June 30th. Because it's relatively late notice, both Adventist and Matilda are booked, so I'm currently looking at QMH.

Does anyone have a number I can speak to them on? Every number I try just rings and rings. Is it likely they will be booked up too?

Would be grateful if anyone has any other suggestions for a last minute booking. Insured, so quite prepared to pay for somewhere.

My wife is American (but Chinese heritage), and I'm British if that makes any difference. We're looking to make a trip up at the end of March to sort out the booking and see Obgyns.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Henry

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I would try the Sanatorium in Happy Valley. Although I think you may have more luck if you sign up with an ob/gyn and get them to use their "pull" on your behalf. The ones who a lot of expats seem to use include: Lucy Lord, Grace Cheung, Sally Ferguson, Philip Ho, Arabinda Ghosh, Alexander Doo, Cora Ngai, Joe Chan, Patrick Chan. I am about to have my second baby with Philip Ho and have been thrilled with all the care I have received over the past two years.

digitalhen is offline Registered User
    Great! Thanks for the advice.

If it's not too nosy, was your first a natural or a C-section? I've heard that he can be a bit happy to say you need it? But, I'll definitely get in touch and see if I can set something up for my wife.

Kind regards,
    Henry

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    you can try 2855-5688 for QMH. I am having my 2nd there, but I was asked to get a referral from a private OBGYN to have my baby at QMH, even though I was having my baby in the private section there and not the public...I'm not sure if it was because of the Dr I am seeing or if that is common practice...good luck with everything! Also, with HK a lot of times you will have to decide on the doctor first and use his/her connections to get you a room in the hospital of your choice. Of course certain doctors are affliated with certain hospitals...the ones that newbiekt suggested deliver at mostly Matilda or Adventist which are great hospitals! All the best with everything!

newbiekt is offline Registered User
    I had my first naturally and he never even mentioned a c-section. I am not sure how he earned that reputation, it was not an issue for me.