Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Baby Growing up & Getting More Difficult

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Oh my goodness ...

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    As babies grow older - I also think they go through phases. My son (11 months now) went from being a fantastic sleeper who would fall asleep in his crib by himself to all of a sudden throwing tantrums whenever we put him in his crib and waking up at night and refusing to go back to sleep unless he gets into our bed. So we've had to adjust and now let him fall asleep in our bed (usually within 5-10 minutes) and then move him back to his bed after he is sound asleep. Occasionally he still comes over to our bed in the middle of the night - but it's starting to get better and better and usually he can last until early morning before coming over.

With eating, he was a fantastic eater with his 3 solid meals a day until two weeks ago when all of a sudden it takes song and dance to get him to eat (i.e. I feed and my helper sings and dances or vice versa). Without the song and dance, or another toy to keep him occupied, he refuses to eat. Sigh.....

So I think as babies grow, they just change their habits and a lot of times you have to adapt to keep up! Good luck!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureHKmom View Post

With eating, he was a fantastic eater with his 3 solid meals a day until two weeks ago when all of a sudden it takes song and dance to get him to eat (i.e. I feed and my helper sings and dances or vice versa). Without the song and dance, or another toy to keep him occupied, he refuses to eat. Sigh.....
    Oh, I totally know what you mean! My son started doing the same thing at around 12 months. Now it`s commonplace, and I wonder how each meal will go...Easier when there are 2 people for sure. I just look for different objects to give him to examine. Lately he likes his straw cup. Then I have to open it and disassemble it for him...anything for a few spoons of rice eh~

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Every 3 hours ia bit too frequent - try 4-5 hours
    If she is starting to get bored of milk, at 6 months, she is ready to try 1 solid + 4 bottles per day

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Yup that's my plan! Thanks mcdill.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I also love it when they are not allowed to touch something... and point slowly their finger on it looking at you with an innocent smile... :D

Like you all I'm going through this phases... eating/not eating, sleeping good/wanting to sleep with us, happy mood/terrible mood... the good thing is that it just stops one day ! (eventually when they will be old enough to leave the house....)

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    oh I couldn't agree more with this topic....the new born stage was so much easier in many ways!!

phoenixashburn is offline Registered User
    I cannot begin to tell you how much easier a 6 month old is..than a 1.5 yr old...wait till she walks..I have to run -- literally..to keep up with her (now I have a baby harness) meal times are like battlegrounds with spaghetti on the walls and peas on the sofa..and oh puhleeze..let me not tell you about sleeptime.. they all grow a mind of their own..and a very stubborn one at that..
    wishing you luck!!
    Last edited by phoenixashburn; 03-02-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: spelling error

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast