Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Baby Growing up & Getting More Difficult

carang is offline Registered User
    growing up and getting more difficult?

i've been upstairs working this afternoon...both of my kids are sick and not their usual cheerful selves.

twice in the past 30 minutes, my daughter (3) has come upstairs crying as if the world was ending babbling, 'mummy, goh-goh HIT me on the head!'....

so, mummy calls son (5) upstairs to figure out what is going on.

son comes up and says, 'yes, i hit her on the head... but mummy! she openned the shower gel, rubbed it all over her hands, then rubbed it all over my jumper! I HAD TO HIT HER ON THE HEAD!'

so....just think what you have to look forward to! LOL

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    CUTE !!!!!! Thanks Carang for making me smile after a long tiring day at work!

carey is offline Registered User
    I almost missed this fun thread becuase my computer broke down. Now I have a new one so I am making up my " lost time".

So I am not alone. My 10 month old behavior and my worries of having a second. Just love this forum that keeps me informed. And I won't be told off by helpers about " how difficult it is to look after your boy". I don't know about in HongKong, but in this area, some helpers tend to do this (complain about your baby) to get more paid.

We started the song and dance, entertain him to eat with new and novel objects since he was 7 months old. At least he is eating for now. But becuase of this thread, I am equiped for the more "chanllenging phase".

Keep up the good work ladies.

Mommymaddie is offline Registered User
    This is such a wonderful forum!!

Baby Ethan (almost 6 months) started out as the best behave baby ever - in fact I used to set my alarm to wake us up for feedings until I got the greenlight from his doctor to feed on demand! This meant many nights of good sleep and such that is until he got his first viral infection...then his second viral infection a week after he recovered but the 2nd time we thought it was a UTI cuz it lasted so long - thankfully now its all over! Unfortunately, he's gotten used to me feeding him every 2 hours :(

Miraculously yesterday he slept through...will keep you posted on how he does tonight and so on...

Mommymaddie is offline Registered User
    He did it!

He slept through the night again last night! Interestingly enough he's been taking wonderful naps all day too...could it be because we've been home all day? Or is he developing a routine? Either way, I'm one happy mommy...but already suffering from cabin fever...think I should go out soon!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by karmah1 View Post
    oh I couldn't agree more with this topic....the new born stage was so much easier in many ways!!
    I have to say that for us, newborn stage was horrible--newborn through 6-months-old and then it got much, much better.

The benefit for my son as he is a spirited baby--once he got a bit older and could move about by himself more he became easier to take care of in a way--as long as you assembled some barriers for precaution. Up until that point he wanted to be personally entertained by me the 16+ hours a day he was awake (never took naps and slept fitfully at night--up every 2 hours all night long). He wasn't content to stare at a mobile above his crib or just lay on a mat and ooh and ahh. He wanted me to be standing over him playing with him all day long and if I didn't he would scream. And it had to be me--not another person. Day in, day out.

So, I actually felt that at 6 months my son started to become more "human" and I loved it. I loved introducing new foods to him. Y'know, he wasn't much on the pears but he loved the apples and one day I was eating some spicy curried lentils and he just crawled over to me and opened his mouth for a big bite and that was his first real solid food. He also just became able to get interested in a toy and stay focused on it for more than 10 seconds which was a nice reprieve from the first 6 months. I never got to experience that "sleepy newborn" with my son--he was just so full-on all the time.

So, I don't know, the refusal of milk was something I dealt with from day one. My son was very particular about that. He breastfed well (as in, had the right skill for it) but he hated breastfeeding and from early on (before 1 month old) he would push away and it was just a constant fight to get him to BF so we did the pumping thing which was a losing battle for 5 months. And then my son was very specific about when and how much he was willing to eat. Hunger for him was very off/on--so if he was not hungry not matter if it was time for the bottle, he would stiff-arm us and push away (as early as 3 months) and if he was hungry he became hungry immediately (no warning signs at all) and would begin screaming like he hadn't been fed in days.

To me, a little refusal of the bottle at 6 months isn't all that defiant. By 1-year-old my son would refuse to eat sometimes for days and I was frantic. On the doctor's advice, I just kept offering and not getting upset if he didn't eat and soon enough he would get hungry enough to accept. And that was almost 1.5 years ago so he hasn't starved yet. :)

So, just see it this way, you had a smooth road for the first 6 months but in life you gotta pay your dues sometimes and kids are good toll collectors.

Winterplace03 is offline Registered User
    Love reading these posts!

There are always ups and downs. My son (now 9 months old) started to try solid (cereal, pureed veg, pureed fruit) when he was 6 months old and he loved it. Well, at the begining at least. Then he refused to take anything except his milk. He screamed, arched his back, shaked his head when we tried to offer him anything solid. For more than a month, I was spending time preparing food and dumping them. It was frustrating. But I kept trying and now he is taking congee twice a day. I make congee with brown rice powder, chicken (or pork) broth, and some vegetables. Sometimes, I also throw in several raisins or use pear / apple to add flavor. He likes his congee.

I hope I am prepared to more challenges to come after reading these post.

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    When you get frustrated with your babies/toddlers because of their 'difficult' behaviour, it's really nice to come onto this site and share your experience with others as you'll find you are not alone, and, sometimes you may find your experience is indeed not the worst! :)) The latest challenge, sleeping, is solved... and I am not sure what's the next one....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast