Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Baby Growing up & Getting More Difficult

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Baby Growing up & Getting More Difficult

My little girl has been an angel baby ... but now that she has turned 6-month old, she is a lot more aware, and is able to grab/hold things and is curious about everything.

It's fun to watch her grow and it's amazing to see how quickly she is learning. But the problem now is that as she becomes smarter, she is also learning to refuse her 3-hourly milk, and now she knows how to say 'NO' by turning her head, arching her back, and crying out very loudly. This stops as soon as we take the bottle away, but starts as soon as we bring it close to her. If we were to successfully put the nipple in her mouth, she will either bite down on it, play with it, or just let the milk gather in her mouth and promptly spit it out later. All this time looking at us straight in the eye. My angel baby has turned defiant :(

Do you have similar experiences? Does it get better? Any advice?

carang is offline Registered User
    yes, she doesn't need to be fed every 3 hours. she's telling you she's full.

the thing about babies is this:

once you think you've figured out a pattern, they up and change it on you.

follow your baby's cues. she's telling you it isn't necessary, especially if she is also having some solids.

babies grow a terrific amount in their firs 6-12 months, then it starts to peeter off, otherwise, if we all kept growing at the same rate, we'd be 70 feet tall! LOL!

anyway, obiwan, relax and just try to follow her cues. try every 4-5 hours and see if she is still refusing.

ps> defiance DOES NOT get any better! it gets worse! believe me, my 3 & 5 year olds know how to say "no"...but then again, so does their mummy (who wins 99% of the time!)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    All I have to say is... wait, it just gets worse...

Hahahaa ... you ladies are so 'encouraging' that you make me laugh. Love it!

Agree, gonna dish out some tough love. You don't want to eat, ok, so be it!! Gonna cut down to 4 hourly feed and see how it goes.

I was reading other thread ... seems like quite a common situation with many moms ...

AmyH is offline Registered User
    My little girl has also just turned 6 months and is doing the same but she has also discovered her vocal chords! She has started this really high pitched scream, which I am sure is really annoying the neighbours! I tell her no when she does it but she just laughs and does it louder!

My son also used to do it and it used to really annoy me and I tried everything to get him to stop and when we were out in public I used to get really embarrassed when he did it. Then at 7 months old he got really quite sick with pneumonia and was in the high dependency unit of the hospital for three weeks. He was only semi concious for about a week and I used to sit by his cot crying, wishing I could hear him doing the high pitched scream!

Haha, AmyH, may I also add that the little bub cries loudly with NO tears. I don't remember 'managing' my parents this way. They say eat, i eat ... they say jump, i say how high ... or so i remember :)

AmyH is offline Registered User
    when I was a baby I had no patience at all and my mum tells me that when I was about a year old I used to ask her for a drink of water (it had to be in a glass - not plastic cup!) If she said "in a minute" I used to take the glass and throw it outside so that it broke!
    Luckily I got out of that phase very quickly and became a very good teen! My son didn't inherit that one from me and I am hoping my daughter doesn't either!

I also was wering glasses from 9 months old and I used to lift up my mums dress to clean them!!!

geomum is offline Registered User
    Your post made me smile :) Your daughter isn't the least bit defiant compared to a two year old. Its when they start bargaining, first milk then TV, first bath then chocolate.... it goes on.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast