Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Vacation for Helper

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Vacation for Helper

After working for us for one year, our helper is entitled to a week of vacation, is that correct?

Also, looking ahead, how much time do helpers usually take off between contracts if we are going to renew their contract after two years? Thanks.

rani is offline Administrator
    Yes, helpers get 7-days after a year, but they normally take it at the end of the contract and go home for 2-weeks.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Thanks Rani! What if my helper opts to take her 7 days after her first year. Then should she get 2 weeks at the end of her contract or only one week. Thanks!

Also, we're only obligated to pay for her trip back at the end of her contract, right? And not the trip after one year if she chooses to go back then. Thanks again!

rani is offline Administrator
    She would only get 1-week at the end of the contract then.
    If she does decide to take a holiday in-between her contract, I would make her sign that she has received her holiday leave early.

Yes, you're only obligated to pay for the trip back home at the end of the contract.

However, tickets to the Philippines are so cheap on Cebu Pacific, and if you like your helper it might be a nice gesture to purchase it for her.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Even though the contract says only a 7 day vacation after the first year, we sent our helper home for 2 weeks during Christmas time since we were aways too. She had only been working for us for 5 months then. This summer she will be going home for 1.5 months as that is how long I will be away and my husband does not want her around. We love our helper and feel that she gets refreshed and gets rest when she goes home to family. We always pay for her trip home.