Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Best Baby Carriers for HK

banane76 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Best Baby Carriers for HK

What is your opinion on the best baby carriers to use in HK. The climate is so different here so just wondering what people think?

nino is offline Registered User
    Happy Valley
    I liked to use a Lascal (similar to the Baby Bjorn) when my daughter was under 4 months, then I switched to the Ergo, which is much easier on my back. I always thought the infant insert for the Ergo would be very hot and not as easy to use, but I never actually tried it. I found any carrier was quite hot during the summer and so I opted to use a stroller for much of the time. I'm back to using the Ergo and my daughter is now 16 months old.

Tini is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, NT
    I will use my ring sling again. The fabric is not too thick and i don't have to tie the sling around my body. I usually don't wear much and neither needs your baby otherwise both of you will get very hot; especially here in HK.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    there are tons of posts on this website about carriers so do a search for other options.

we love our ergo!

mcdill is offline Registered User
    The Lascal is good for as long as you can tolerate the weight, easy to operate.

I think the Ergo without the infant insert is best for the back.

The Mayawrap is handy, but I think the fabric is a bit warm for summer if you are using cradle position.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    We use the Mayawrap, and it probably is hotter in the summer if you cover the baby, but it isn't like it is cool here in the summer to begin with.

neshxb is offline Banned
    Tell me about it... My ergo was too bulky and hot after while, so I switched to the carry-b and it really suits the hot & humid weather here.
    Bought it online from their website: Carry-B Baby Carrier - Carry Your Baby Easily and Conveniently

mrstee is offline Registered User
    maya wraps are great. it's 100% cotton so it breathes. it is really hot in hk so anything you use will feel hot.

i found that the ergo was too thick and too bulky..especially if your toddler wants to run around, then be carried, then back down to run around again...ring slings are great.

la leche league sells them - LLL-HK Home Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast