Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do 3 year olds still use strollers?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My 16 month old already walks a lot when we go out. I only take the stroller if we're going to be out for the whole day or if there'll be too much walking for her. But most of the day to day stuff she walks. She's really independent though... I can't see her using a stroller much at 3. She already doesn't like being restricted or carried. Probably a lot depends on personality and also where you live. We're expecting another due when she's 21 months and I'm not planning on getting a double stroller.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    yes, i agree that it is a little disturbing to see a 3-4 year old child sitting in a stroller....maybe it's just best to wait and see how our son is this fall and then if need be, i'll suck it up and buy the stroller here.....we've been walking a lot lately without the stroller, but he definitely gets tired after about 4 blocks and wants to be carried which really isn't an option....problem is that he will then drop to the ground completely (no matter where he is indoors/outdoors) and cry...oh the joys of being 2.

thanks for everyone's feedback!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Just to add on to my previous post, once our 2nd is born, my plans were if I'm going out with the two kids by myself, I'll use the Ergo carrier and my older daughter in the stroller, then on weekends if we want/need two strollers, my husband and I can have one each (we already have two strollers). I figure I should be able to manage with the ergo at least til my younger child is 6-8 months and by then, my older daughter will be 2.5 and able to walk a lot more/better... IF we need a double stroller, we can always go get one later... but I don't THINK we'll need one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12