Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do 3 year olds still use strollers?

southside852 is offline Registered User

Do 3 year olds still use strollers?

We expecting #2 this fall and I am trying to figure out if I should get the Phil & Ted Sport stroller (can seat 2) while in the US this summer. My son will almost be 3 (in December), but am wondering if we need a double-stroller or if I can get away with still using our Maclaren Techno with just a board stroller attachment so he always avoid walking by just standing up behind it. question is: Does your 3 year old still sit in a stroller?

mel_g20 is offline Registered User
    Stanley, Hong Kong
    Hi, yes sometimes. My son refused to ride the buggy board. We have used the phil and ted up until they are both 5 and 3. Now if we use a stroller it will only be the 3 year old.

coco1 is offline Registered User
    Mine wants to walk everywhere and won't use a stroller- which is often good but can be a nuisance and would be worse with a newborn too- encourage yours to stay in!

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    mine is 3. oh, i want him to sit on the stroller when i know we are out for more than an hour... i dont like when he is tired he wants me to carry and when he is sleepy, i need to carry him. it is so easy with light weight stroller - if he is not sitting on it i put my stuff there, if he is sitting and sleeping, i hang my stuff at the handle and continue my shopping, chatting, coffeing..... if i am in your case, i would encourage my 3 years old to stay in when i have to carry my little baby and travel!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i refused to carry my son once he turned 2 (i had just delivered a baby and had been in a wheelchair for 4 months)... he walked every where from that point on.

my daughter (now 3) had not really used a stroller since she was about 18 months. she liked to walk with big brother.

i think it depends a lot on your child's personality, your personality, whether or not you have a car in hk etc.

the ONLY exceptions to the above were when we travelled. i took the stroller to australia (kids were 1.5 & 3.5) and to canada (2 & 4). i didn't use the stroller at all while IN canada, but i liked having it to carry stuff in the various airports we went through. (it was a 30 hour trip!)

Bumps Guest
    I am really astonished when I see children above 3 in a stroller. I have a few students ( 4/5 years) that come to school with their helper in a stroller. With my knowledge of their background, I find it really lazy.

braveheart is offline Registered User
    I agree with Bumps. IMO children of 3 and above are quite capable of walking a good distance if encouraged to do so.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    We have two strollers (one big bug, one small and nifty mclaren) but only ever take one out with us on outings.

Both kids fit into both strollers which is useful, but usually the one year old gets the ride. The 2.5 year old walks (it's slow going sometimes and often she ends up on Dad's shoulders)

We do have a buggy board, but don't use it often. So far it's only proven to be good for super flat places like Disney (sometimes the older one things it's a bit of a laugh to sit down on it, feet up)

I wouldn't buy a double stroller here, it would be pretty cumbersome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast