Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

formula brands

hkmom1 is offline Registered User

formula brands

Hi

I'm just about to supplement formula for my son and I was wondering if people have recommendations on which brand to use?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I use Bellamy`s organic formula. I wasn`t comfortable with using regular cow`s milk formula so I tried Bellamy`s, and my baby liked it and that`s it. It isn`t available in so many places though, so that`s the downside.

bigbri is offline Registered User

we started on s26 for keaton's first month and he had problems digesting the stuff; he was crying in agony trying to poop.

we then changed to Meiji which is a japanese formula recommended to us by a friend. he told us that a group of people he knew all started using meiji and their kids behaviour started to change. they were more alert, more happy and generally displaying an intelligence above babies of similar ages. at first we were sceptical about this, but decided to go with meiji since we needed to change from Wyeth S26 anyway.

At first all seemed well, digesting wasnt a problem anymore and Keaton was very happy and active, laughing out loud at two months of age, and doing a lot of baby talk.

At around 3 months, keaton had his first cough and started teething aswell. he then also started getting diarrhoea, pooping around 4-5 times a day. Whether this was due to teething, we werent sure, but doctor advised us to change formula to a lactose-free variety.

We changed to Meiji Lactose Free, but keaton was still having watery poos. so we changed again, to Morinaga and hey presto! within a couple of days, all poos were back to normal! Also with Morinaga, Keaton seemed to put on weight a lot quicker, whether this was down to having just one poo a day or not I'm not sure.

However, going back to what my friend said when he introduced us to Meiji (in that babies were active and very alert), we noticed a behavioural change with Keaton when he was on Morinaga. The usual alertness, laughing and smiling we associated with Meiji was gone, instead the Morinaga formula seemed to make him sleepy, a bit grouchy when he was tired and quite restless when he was awake.

We've had him back onto Meiji for the last couple of days now, and it amazes me how much a baby's behaviour can change from drinking a formula! Whether it's me and the missus suffering from some sort of delusional preconception or not, i dont know, but all I can tell you is that everything I've written here is true. Our only problem with Meiji is that even though Keaton is happy and chatty again his watery poos are back.

We've looked online at some chinese forums and a few parents have stated that babies start off well on meiji and end up having lots of poops a day. But once changed onto something else, they're poos are normal.

Michelle2009 is offline Registered User

I was recommended Hipp (from B2B) by colleagues at work and my baby girl has been on it since she was eight weeks old. She seems to really enjoy it too and we've not encountered any problems.

Last edited by Michelle2009; 03-09-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typo

mcdill is offline Registered User

S26, but have to give water between feeds to avoid constipation as it has a reputation for this.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

If you have history of allergy in your family and you are worried about excema or other allergies for you baby, you can try Nestle Nanha.

BabyHappy is offline Registered User

Learn from my experience with B2B and formulas! I have just posted a new thread about this I am so annoyed!
    Do not use a formula that you can only get from B2B as they run out of stock and then you are stuffed. You are then forced to try and source it from oversaes or change brands.

Lots of my friends have had the same issue. Suggest going with one you can get in the supermarkets. Bellamy's seems to be the best.

ihave3cats is offline Registered User

My girl used to be on s26. All was well until she was 2 years old. She suddenly had lactose intolerance. I switched her to isomil then to Nestle Excel. She seems ok with it.. Poops are alright.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast