Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When should I start looking for helper?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    North Point
    I don't think you can do direct hire any more - but I used Dahlzhen as my "agency" for direct hire - I think it cost $3150 for all the paperwork/fees and airfare to HK... And it took probably about 2 months or so... she should be here next Wednesday.

The agency was ok - really didn't have much to do with them. They did make a mistake on some of the paperwork but fixed it quickly so it probably only slowed it down a day or so. It was definitely easier than me doing all the running around!!

Hong Kong Branch Office:
    Room 801, Wan Chai Commercial Bldg.,
    194 Johnston Road, Wan Chai,
    Hong Kong, SAR

• E-mail: [email protected]
    • Tel. No.: (00852) 2957-8868
    • Fax No.: (00852) 2957-8869

steflee23 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi, when I got my helper last year sometime in June, we both applied directly with immigration and didn't pay any middle man. I think the HK visa itself is like $160+ another $200 for Phil consulate. Buy helpers insurance $500+ plus her one-way fare to HK approx HK$1k+. That was all I paid, no agency fees whatsoever. Oh and her transportation fees to your house on her start date think it was HK$100 (guide).

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by geomum View Post
    I already know and want to hire a Helper who terminated her contract due to medical reasons and went to Philippines. I would be submitting her papers myself, so how much would it cost me? Including the airfare that is. Not worried about the time.
    If she's worked in HK before you can apply for the paperwork yourself. Cost is few hundred dollars. Airfare is cheap on Cebu Pacific Air - It's time everyone flies

kamie816 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I would avoid using Dahlzhen's services for Direct Hire if I were you. I went through them recently and our application has now taken nearly 2 months. The immigration has gotten back to them saying that there's something wrong with the address.
    I submitted to them the govt demand for rates as address proof so there really shouldn't be any problem with it. I suspect they filled in the application wrong! And also, it's not easy communicating with the staff there.. even just trying to get their email address over the phone proved to be a challenge (they don't use a typical company email, but her personal one)!

22Bobinsky is offline Registered User
    I started looking when I was 6 months pregnant. It took 2 months to find a good one, get all the paperwork filed, and wait for her Visa to be issued. She started work one month before I delivered and it gave me enough time to train her and for her to help get everything ready for the baby's arrival.

mcfarland is offline Registered User
    hi, i just wondering are u still looking for helper.thnx Ivy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12