Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Crying all the way to work

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Thanks OX Jess. Actually my hubby is not that "hostile" toward my cats. He does the litter changes, takes them to the vet, orders the cat food, even play with my scottish sometime, when one of the vet said that his problem may be just boredom (he is actually afraid of cats and never pet them though).

He just get so stressed out sometime, specially when he find his clothes covered with white cat hair, or when he thinks about the renovation of our place. We wanted to do that long time ago, and even found temporally places where we could stay. However, later we got rejected because of the cats. That disappointed my hubby a lot. He said that if it weren't because of the cats, we could simply go to a serviced apartment.... We didn't like the idea of putting the cats into a boarding place either.

So in my case, the solution would not be as simple as hiding the cats...

Quote Originally Posted by OX Jess View Post
    Cara, I've given all these information to my husband already!!! If he chooses not to be convinced and believes that my son's sneeze is related to the cats, what else can I say? More arguments because of the cats? He knows I'd be heartbroken if the cats are being sent away (which is one of his biggest wishes!!!) so I must say, he is tolerating me... and I am also tolerating him. Haha...
    ... Yes, it is like convincing mine that what is sometime on his clothes are dust and small fibers from threads, and not cat hair. He is convinced that there is not such thing as dust in his apartment, because there isn't any construction site near. So all the dirty particles come from the cat and the litter.

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    Yes, my husband also gets so annoyed with the cats fur spreading all over this clothes... What I do is: whenever I spot any of his clothes are full of furs I will remove them with those 'sticker roll' (HK$9.9 each from IKEA - good price!) His another problem with the cats is the noise. As my cats are locked in the room most of the days it is inevitable for them to 'meow meow' out of boredom and simply wanting to come out. Sometimes they make so much noise at night that I have to get up to "Shuuuuuuuh" them. For so many times my husband got woken up in the middle of night and sooooo wound up! That's why I said, We are putting up with each other!!!!!! :))

carang is offline Registered User
    lol! that's what marriage is all about sometimes, i think!

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Gataloca, I've spoken to my husband and he's seen the picture. But as adorable and smitten as we are, I'm afraid we can't risk infecting our other cat with a potential mite problem. I'll ask my colleague at work - three of whom are cat fanatics.

Cheer up! I hope you find a workable solution with your husband without having to give them away.

ihave3cats is offline Registered User
    Hi..
    I believe there are many ways of working round the problem. How about spending more time grooming the cats so they don't shed so much fur? I believe your husband is just frustrated and trying to voice out his emotions.. He must know how much u care about the cats.
    Talk to your husband.. I believe he don't really mean giving them away :)

gen

PS babies and cats do live together happily without much medical problem. I have 3 long hair cats (terrible sheds!) and had 2 babies, 1 with milk allergy which triggers skin allergy and slight asthma. Now they are 3 and 4 years old, healthy and loves animals. I find them very compassionate and sensitive to people and animals around them.

Thanks ladies for you support. My husband apologized to me the night after, telling me to forget what he said, that he also likes the cats, but was just too frustrated and stressed out with his problem at work, and our current situation at home (baby arrival, home renewal, cat furs, etc.)

My hubby has never been the kind of person that know how to handle problem very well... Mostly he likes to hide from the problem until he has to face it.

Well, I guess my dear cats will continue being with us in the mean time....

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I am so sorry to hear this but your husband is being completely unreasonable. When you married you had cats and he accepted that. He cannot now threaten to take them away. That is being extremley cruel. If this was me I would have to put my foot down about this. We have 2 cats and 2 kids and no way the cats are going anywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast