Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Crying all the way to work

matemate is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by starbucks2 View Post
    I am so sorry to hear this but your husband is being completely unreasonable. When you married you had cats and he accepted that. He cannot now threaten to take them away. That is being extremley cruel. If this was me I would have to put my foot down about this. We have 2 cats and 2 kids and no way the cats are going anywhere.
    what if your marriage really depended only on this issue?

Gataloca is offline Registered User

Well... I knew my cats would be an issue again sooner or later.... Probably they just have really bad luck, as my 5 month old baby has a bad case of eczema since he was 1 month old. My hubby wanted to get rid of the cats again long time ago because of that, but I kept telling him that we don't know what is causing the ezcema. He use to say that by removing the cats, we could at least remove one possible source of the ezcema.

Today this issue came back again, as my baby ezcema hasn't improved at all. His skin is rough dry, besides all the creams, and with rashes all over. Actually he looks like a lobster.

I probably should let the cats go. And telling the truth, I don't have time for them as taking care of the baby does keep me busy all day. Probably will be the best for all of us. At the end, the cats also deserve to be with someone who can give them attention and love....
    Posted via Mobile Device

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Quite honestly with bad skin issues an animal would have been the first thing I took out of my household as there is a large possibility that allergy attacks are caused by pet hairs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, I know... It is probably just me being stubborn. My dad has gotten rid of our family pets when we were kids, and I promised myself that I would not let that happen when I grow up. So when I got this cats I really made a commitment about taking care of them.... Of course, that was before we even considered having a baby.

Now I am a situation that is really bad for all of us... My baby with bad skin, and I being blame for not getting rid of the cats. My Scottish fold cries every night for the attention that I cannot him him. ... But I really feel sad for my black cat, cause she has made me company since I was working and living alone in the US. It has been 10 years already. I always tell my hubby that she is old and should be retiring... Getting rid of he now make me feel like a very bad person...
    Posted via Mobile Device

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Do you have friends or family that could take your cats for a short period so you can figure out if it is the cats causing the excema?
    Posted via Mobile Device

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Just to chime in here... we adopted two cats from the HK Alley Cat Watch this past fall and I think that they are a terrific group to work with--so if you need to rehome your cats or you would like to adopt a cat they are definitely the people I would recommend going to. They rescue cats but don't have a deadline for when they are rehomed so there is no fear of your cat being destroyed if you surrender it to them.

“Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

elle is offline Registered User

A couple comments: has a doctor suggested that the cause of your child's skin condition may be caused by an allergy to cats? If so, you can board the cats somewhere for a couple weeks to see if not having them around helps. Also, you should be clear with your husband that the SPCA or any other animal welfare organization is unlikely to take the animals, so if he wants to surrender them somewhere it will likely be to the govennment AFCD, where they will almost certainly be killed, within a few days. Knowing that he is taking them to their death, and not to some great place that will care for them until a nice new home is found, may make him think twice - and he at least should understand the implications of getting rid of them.

Well, no doctor has suggested that the baby eczema is due to the cat hairs. Also the baby is still to young for taking any allergy test... It is really sad that the cats always take all the blame.... I don't have anyone to take care of the pets for us.... But I guess the cats would have to be away for like a month before we could confirm if the eczema is related to them or not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123