Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

What to do with a 2Yr2Month Old? Looking for Advice or Prescription Medicine

MsHongKong is offline Registered User

What to do with a 2Yr2Month Old? Looking for Advice or Prescription Medicine

Hello all - I just moved to HK (2 days ago) with my husband and 2 year old daughter in tow. Have been scouring these message boards all weekend trying to figure out what to do about schooling and am thinking about taking anxiety pills for the first time in my life!! (And this is not my first expat relocation). But rather than try and extract some free therapy from a captive audience - I was wondering if anyone could just help me out with a few questions:

1. My daughter will be 2 years old, 8 months on September 22, 2010 (the end of Sept)! Does that mean she misses the cutoff for K1 schools that require 2Y8M.

2. Does it really matter because it looks like I've missed the deadline for her to start K1? Do I just apply now for her to start K1 in September 2011 when she will be 3 years old, 8 months?

3. In the meanwhile, are my best options to put her into a playschool/nursery school - (Sunshine House, Woodland, etc)? I assume then I need to focus on montessori vs. non-montessori? Is it possible to enter any of these mid-terms?

Again - any advice (or prescription drugs) would be much appreciated! ;)
    Thanks.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Just saw your post and will come back and answer in detail later on today. In the meantime a new Montessori school has opened that I am sure will have places.

Contact these guys. MMI homepage

Not sure where you are located but the school is around Pokfulam.

Neha is offline Banned
    U can join mid terms in most schools depending upon avalaibility

ur child is born on 22 Jan 2008 then she us eligible for k-1 only I'm 2011 sept as cut off is jan- dec

DebbieChan is offline Registered User
    don't panic, they are still at nursery stage and schools are just playgroups... don't panic!

you can join mid-term, just phone up the school and ask if they have places available. With Easter holiday approaching, best to enter your kid after the easter holiday to save some tuition fee.

If you go on the government education manpowers bureau website, you can review the schools information and the how many qualified teachers there are. Size of schools, number of student places, etc...