- 03-15-2010, 01:19 PM #9
My daughter's had a bit, not sure exactly when her first was, probably about 12 months old... I can't eat ANYTHING in front of her without her wanting to try so I just let her have a taste (like a tiny bite of a kit kat, not a whole stick). She loves it, but probably has only had it MAYBE once a month (and always just a taste, not a whole lot). It's made me eat less chocolate too as a result. Tragic, I know...
- 03-15-2010, 02:55 PM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Oct 2008
- Taikoo Shing
I have food allergies myself and so does my little girl, so I cook and take her meals in a food warmer when we go out including on our trips out of HK. The only thing I have ever fed her off my plate is very small bits of plain bread. I gave her just a small bite of a plain sponge cake after her egg allergy was completely cleared. She had a taste of her 1st eggless birthday cake and had some hives right after that (probably due to something else in the cake).
- 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM #11Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
My baby had a taste of chocolate (in cake or choco mousse) prob around 11month. He liked his chocolate cake on his first birthday. I don't give him chocolate as a snake but will give him a small piece of chocolate cake or cookie when we have some.
- 03-15-2010, 09:21 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Hung Hom
My elder son tasted chocolate on his first birthday. We had a chocolate cake. But he didn't even so much as swallow the bite.. He was not even interested in chocolate until he was 2 and half.. It was like BAM! That's top favourite for him..
My daughter didn't like chocolate until 2and half too.. End up she's not a big fan. Prefers biscuits.
I believe in giving everything moderately.. I rather be there when they try rather than they try it elsewhere eg school, then I can't see their faces when they first taste something.
- By chef in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2010, 03:07 PM
- By blumenelf in forum Everything ElseReplies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
- By lalligirl in forum Babies Born in 2008Replies: 2Last Post: 10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
- By Zee in forum Everything ElseReplies: 8Last Post: 12-01-2006, 07:48 AM
- By chubbysan in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 07-12-2006, 11:25 AM