Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

H1N1 at pre-schools

Bumps Guest

H1N1 at pre-schools

I am just wondering if many of you out there are experiencing H1N1 in the pre-schools your little ones are at? I am a teacher and I have been sick for the past 4 days due to high fever and flu symptoms.

Parents are sending kids to my class who are really sick - thanks - I am now sick too and I have a little one!!! I have teachers at my school who are confirmed H1N1 and kids have been too.

Please keep them home if they are sick!

catcurran is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    The H1N1 vaccine has been in Hong Kong since the end of December. Obviously you cannot force your students to get vaccinated, but - as a preschool teacher - I am shocked you yourself have not been vaccinated against this illness. I would certainly look into this...for your little one as well. Children under the age of 7 should have this shot. Good luck.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Getting vaccine doesn't mean that you won't get the illness, it just means that there is probably less of a likelihood that you will get the illness!

Also, there are certain risks to getting the vaccine and so I think that each person should weigh the risks vs. benefits to see if the vaccine is for them.

I agree with Bumps - if your child is sick, keep him or her at home! I thought also that schools were obligated to send sick children home?

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i just kept my son home from school all of last week and yesterday. he finally went back today.

he's had a nasty cough (not much else), but it sounded so bad that i didn't want him to pass it on to anyone else.

i just wish all parents were as considerate.

Bumps Guest
    Yes schools are obligated to send home sick kids - however, many school administrators can be reluctant to admit there is a 'health problem' at their institution. P!sses me off actually.