Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pls help

sabah is offline Registered User

pls help

Hi

would anybody help me my baby is 18 months old and since last two days she had hard pain because of cutting her big back tooth. she had fever and its really painful for her to take them out. went to the doctor today and he has given only antibiotics and peracetamol. she is not taking those medicins at all, not feeding or eating anything. pls help me how I go through this situation.

plsss helpp me.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    I assume you've tried soothing gel on her gums - we're using infant bonjela and it seems to work although we're much younger and only at the early stages of teething.

I'm really not clear why your doctor would prescribe antibiotics for teething - that seems unnecessary to me, does he think it is infected? The paracetamol should help though.

I think it's fairly common for babies to stop eating when they're teething and nothing to worry about?

Best of luck, hopefully that tooth will come through soon.

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    I'm sorry I can't add anything useful as my baby is 6 months old but JVN where did you get the infant bonjela?????
    Good luck to you! I hope baby starts eating soon! It's very stressful when they are having a hard time! Sending good vibes to you :)

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Sorry, Lisainhk, my SIL brought it out from the UK.

I saw bonjela in B2B but it was the adult kind - I don't know if this is the same thing in a different pack otherwise why would they stock it!? I feel like chemists or doctors ought to stock it but haven't looked. Anyone else seen it anywhere here?

Hello Jvn

thanks you very much for your word, its really very kind to spend time for someone, I was just about to cry watching her in pain, antibiotic was for information tonsils or slight throat infection. she also had very high fever two days.

anyway, gone through the hard time, today she is feeling and feeding better then yesterday though its not as usual but better anyhow. no fever as well.

thank you again for info which really helped me.

Lisa thank you too for your warm wishes and prayers for my baby.

Jvn, in early teeths I was using a homeopathy medicin which called Bio 21 but now i dont have this medicin any more and can not find it here in hongkong. this medicin really helpd and my daughter dint had that hard pain before.

Lisa you can find Bonjela gel with some zuelling pharma, you can call them for further info.

http://www.zuelligpharma.com/offices...u_contact.html

Page[/url]
    Zuellig Pharma Ltd.
    Suite 608, 6/F, Devon House
    Taikoo Place, Quarry Bay
    Hong Kong
    Tel: +852 2856-3632
    Fax: +852 2590-7186
    [email protected]
    Warehouse
    Zuellig Pharma Logistics Center
    3/F, Evergain Building
    21-23 Yuen Shun Circuit
    Siu Lek Yuen, Shatin
    New Territories, Hong Kong
    Tel: +852 2637-8876
    Fax +852 2637-9011

Quote Originally Posted by Lisainhk View Post
    I'm sorry I can't add anything useful as my baby is 6 months old but JVN where did you get the infant bonjela?????
    Good luck to you! I hope baby starts eating soon! It's very stressful when they are having a hard time! Sending good vibes to you :)

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    glad to hear your baby is feeling better sabah...keep checking the temperature though, sounds like the temperature is from both teething and the infection, which is why you got the antibiotics....have you started the antibiotics? if you have, you have to remember to complete the course or it won't be as effective the next time.

on a side note...bonjela for baby should be found at the baby stores, actually i've seen it at watsons before too...shouldn't be too hard to find!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top