Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How to make baby sleep longer at night

carang is offline Registered User
    i would not wait, i would introduce solids now. solids are not introduced all of a sudden either.... it's just a spoonful to start with, then gradually increases.

at 6.5 months, i honestly would get a move on. not increase the formula again... that's kind of going backwards.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Agree with carang.....I think it would be ok to start her regularly on a meal of rice cereal (slowly a few spoonfuls at a time). You don't have to cut out a formula meal - just give her the rice cereal first and decrease the amount of formula for that meal.....that might help.
    Last edited by FutureHKmom; 03-16-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    Definitely start solids - your little one's tummy is getting bigger. Remember change is good and you want your child to be eating like you by the age of 1!! Start slowly and see how it goes.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    As FutureHK mom says, offer formula + cereal to start off. eg if they normally take 5 oz, offer 4 oz formula first, then make cereal with 1 oz (or more if the consistency is too thick) formula and offer that.
    My doctor advised it was not necessary to change to Stage 2 formula for the time being (something about it being too rich for some babies' digestive systems).
    I think they are supposed to be having less rather than more bottle feeds after 6 months.
    Last edited by mcdill; 03-16-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    problem is if we were transitioning to stage 2, i can't introduce solid just yet, cos would prefer to have 1 variable at a time to see how she takes to it.

if i start solid now, when do i transition to stage 2?

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    if she was being fussy for stage 2 then stick to stage 1 and introduce solid like now....move on up on the cue of your baby's needs- you'll know when that happens. :)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    You can delay transitioning to stage 2. When my son turned six months, I was still breastfeeding but giving one top up bottle of formula after his last BF at night. My hubby was very keen on switching to stage 2 (as he thought since the can said 6 months and up we should switch right at six months). Anyways, I asked my pediatrician and she had mentioned that if I was only supplementing with formula once a day, switching to stage 2 right at 6 months would be ok - but if I had been feeding only formula, I think she would have suggested delaying the stage 2 because it had more protein than the baby needed at that time or something like that.

so start the solids and maybe in a month or so when you baby is established on at least one solid meal a day, then start transitioning to stage 2.

carang is offline Registered User
    leave the formula at stage one... introduce the solids, then start the formula again in another month or so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast