Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How to make baby sleep longer at night

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    I'm puzzled with the formula to be honest ... this stage 1 stage 2 thingy, is it necessary to transition?

My fear is clearly that if I were to stick to Stage 1, I am depriving her of her necessary proteins and carbo. What do most of you do?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    But if you start her on solids, she will soon be getting the protein and carbs that she needs from the solids! Between six months and a year, you should slowly be adding solid meals and decreasing milk meals. My pediatrician gave me a guide on starting solids and how many meals solids/milk my baby should be having between 6 months and a year...if you would like, PM me and I can PM you the details.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

carang is offline Registered User
    remember obiwan, that by 1 year your baby should be eating 3 meals per day and possibly 2 snacks. by that time she'll be getting most of her nutritional needs from food not from formula.

the longer you leave it, the more difficult it could become... she needs to start getting used to eating solids.

(i started my kids on solids when they were about 5 months, by the time they were 7 months, they were eating solids 3 times per day: carrot, rice cereal, peas, beans, apple, pear, congee, a little toast, crackers etc)

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    I won't worry too much about the way my son wakes up several times during the night, as long as he does not show any distress or sign of illness. I guess we can't expect babies less than one year old ALWAYS sleep through the night like we grown-ups do (admit it, sometimes even we do wake up during the night for all sorts of reason!)

My son is 9 months, and only until about 2 weeks ago he has started to sleep through the night (which means, from 9pm to 6-7am next day without waking up, but it doesn't mean he doesn't let out some cries in sleep which still wakes me up!) He is never a trouble-sleeper and most of the time he has been good to his mummy :)) But between his 6-8 months is the most difficult time for me. For what reasons I don't know, he wakes every 1-2 hours during the night. He still has no teeth yet so it was not about teething; he was always fed his last bottle of milk around 11pm... What I want to say is: nothing has changed in his daily pattern which might affect his sleeping pattern. He was on solid food since he was 5.5 months and no problem with his feeding. Stage 1 and Stage 2 does not cause any problem at all, as he has not changed the brand, only progressed from Stage 1 to 2 (I am told that, if you stay with the same brand, this stage 1 to 2 transition should not cause any problem to the baby at all).

Whilst I thought, My God,,,, when will he be able to sleep through the night, then suddenly one night he started to sleep through. I was soooooo surprised!!! What did I do to make him sleep through the night?!? Nothing at all. Since he was very little, I put him to sleep around 9ish (sometimes earlier if he shows sign of sleepiness) by holding him, singing to him, playing a quiet game such as counting his little fingers with him...etc. I still do the same now and will certainly continue this pattern for awhile....

Therefore, I think, try not to worry too much unless your baby shows some sign of distress. It is probably a 'phase' for most babies.... Observe a bit and keep us informed of the latest and make sure your girl is alright.
    Last edited by OX Jess; 03-17-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    growth spurt maybe :)

i'm not worried. just been pampered by her sleeping through the night at 7 weeks, that i'll like her to continue doingn so. my dear husband is very good at taking care of those night time feeds though. bless his dear heart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123