Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

woodland - pok fu lam

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User

woodland - pok fu lam

hi all,

through the searches on this website, i found out that woodland is highly recommended so i'm planning to put my bub in the playgroup (18 months+) when he reaches 18 months in dec'10 and keep him there till pre-school. i'd love to take him there myself but i've to work so helper (non-english and non-chinese speaker) will be taking him there.

i'd appreciate if anyone can comment on the following queries:

~ when should i apply for the playgroup for my 9 months-old bub?
    ~ will they have a waiting-list for a playgroup?
    ~ which bus to take from kennedy town near/to the tree house?
    ~ how updated are parents kept with the bub's progress?
    ~ since my helper doesn't speak english nor chinese, will she have a hard time dealing with the teachers or is she there just to feed and change him?
    ~ when do they start teaching mandarin to kids?
    ~ how to help him with mandarin homework?
    ~ can i opt to send my bub to an EMI school after woodland or will it be too big of a difference for him to handle?

cheers in advance!

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Yes, it's great - a lovely little school with very nice teachers. There is a working parents session on Saturday mornings for kids of all ages that I took my little girl to myself for a term before she started accompanied playgroup. That way you get to know what the surroundings are like and also get to know the teacher/s.

Answers
    - whenever you want, call and ask
    - there was a little wait for us, not long though
    - M47
    - if you can get time off, you can go once in a while when they have little parties. there is a parents evening and little notes that come home
    - it might be tough with no English or Chinese in terms of understanding instructions and songs etc. but not impossible - I would speak to the teachers there and get their view
    - Mandarin is every lesson for (15 mins for the toddlers, not sure for the little kids - maybe the same)
    - there is no homework for kids that young!
    - dont know on the EMI isssue

cheers LeahH, very much appreciated.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    Any mummies here who send their toddler to Woodland on the Peak? Any thoughts on their toddler playgroup?

Quote Originally Posted by LeahH View Post
    Yes, it's great - a lovely little school with very nice teachers. There is a working parents session on Saturday mornings for kids of all ages that I took my little girl to myself for a term before she started accompanied playgroup.
    @leahh - when did you attend the saturday session coz when i enquired with woodland tree house about the working parents session on saturdays, the lady completely blew me off saying that they dont have that session. i felt like writing back saying "please update your website as it gives false impression of working parents session on saturdays" but i just let it go. she also told me to call another one of their branches to show my interest on the saturday session in the hope of them to form a saturday group.:Butbut

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I went about a year ago to the Sat session, there were only 3-4 children so maybe they have cancelled it. they should definitely update their website.

carang is offline Registered User
    funny.... my BUSIEST day is saturday at my playgroup centre, always has been! i guess that's the difference between local & expat families:

local families want to "plan" family days with playgroups/classes etc.
    expat families want to enjoy family days with friends etc not in classes...

yeah, they probably discontinued it then.

i wanted to take him there on a saturday so i can participate in the classes with him. i cant do it during the week coz i'm working full-time. i could send him there during the week with the helper but she doesn't speak english or chinese.

i'll probably have to put him in mygym or something like that on a saturday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast