Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

travel with car seat

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    The few times that we'd traveled with car seats, the airline (CX) provided us with the bags for the car seats. These are giant-sized thick plastic bags that wraps all the way around the car seats. I don't know if other airlines do this...

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    The costs of hiring the car seats was approaching the cost of buying one, so we bought it.
    I don't want to hear the sit-n-stroll is illegal in Aussie. To go off on a tangent, I don't understand why they can't standardize seat laws. Even in the US every bloody state can be different. What works in one could be illegal as soon as you cross the line--ridiculous.
    We are looking at the pack it in the suitcase option. As we are trying to also minimize the number of things we are hauling all over the world. Nice to know the airlines might help out, which is rather unbellevable these days.

Neha is offline Banned
    Cathay gives u those huge plastic bags for your strollers as well and we have received our stroller in a good condition

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    We ended up using the suitcase option and it worked fine. The plastic bag was great for the umbrella stroller.

The car seats themselves, however, were a disaster. Due to a recently changed (1 March) law in Queensland, our seats were illegal. All foreign seats are illegal and, according to a driver, a good number of Aussie ones are illegal.
    Seems Australia is going the way of the USA, every state with a different standard. You other countries need to learn to not follow the Americans everywhere. A lot of Americans have no idea where they are leading you.
    In my common sense view, seats from a reputable manufacturer and a reputable country should be allowed in other reputable countries. You can't have a car seat for every country or every state in a country. Seems car seat manufacturer/rental lobbies are too powerful and not enough politicians have kids.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12