Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need my mum

Sazzy is offline Registered User

I need my mum

Hi All

I am 15 weeks pregnant and I just seem to catching one bug after another. And the problem is is that Im just not able to get rid of them. I am currently on day 5 of a bad cold and cough and its just getting worse. This morning i woke all wheezy and shortness of breath.

I have given in and gone to the doctors this morning who has prescribed some antibotics. They are perfectly safe for pregnancy. But I dont know whether i want to take them or not. I just struggled through my first pregnancy.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had antibotics during their pregnancy. I am just looking for some support.

Thanks

carang is offline Registered User
    if the doctor had prescribed them, then yes, i would take them...

BUT, i would have asked the doctor if what i had he thought was a bacterial infection or a viral one... if he says viral, then i would NOT.

The doc said bacterial.

just to let you know, i had very complicated pregnancies and was prescribed upto 6 or 7 different meds every day.

after 12 weeks, the dangers decrease with most meds.

if that's the case, then, yes, i would take them.

do you think you and baby are better off trying to fight it by yourselves? or do you think you will be better off with teh anti-biotics?

sometimes it comes down to risk assessment. of course, it is better not to take them, but really....stress, lack of sleep, inability to breathe properly... THAT might cause more harm to baby than anti-biotics.

(i was faced with a similar problem. i had a migraine that lasted for 6 weeks! they were prescribing the strongest meds in the highest doses they could to try to get rid of it....i was also on high doses of anti-hyper-tensive meds... BUT the risk to my health and comfort was greater if i didn't take them...ie. i could have had a stroke!)

cesh is offline Registered User
    Get yourself a decent prenatal vitamin, drink loads of water and rest up.
    I don't have a problem with taking antibiotics if you need them, but it sounds like you need to boost your immune system a bit too. If it carries on, I would suggest talking to your Obstetrician and even seeing a nutritionist.

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    I was going to write the same thing, you need to boost your immunity. You can take extra Vitamin C in the morning, and probiotics (for digestion and immunity).
    I have the same problem since I'm pregnant, every bug, cold, cough seems to last for weeks and weeks...

My diet is pretty shocking but today is a new day as I have veggies for my snack this afternoon in the office :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top