Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is your house a mess.....

crystal88 is offline Registered User

Is your house a mess.....

with toys? even how often my helper and I clean up and arrange the toys, our house the whole day is cluttered with toys everywhere. I try to organize and put everything in a presentable korean chest, telling my 3 yrs old to just bring out toys that he wants, but still the same, he will put out all the trains, railroad, and cars in the sofa the whole day, and nobody can touch that.

My crawling baby throws balls and mess it up too.

I can't let them play in their room as it's small. Oh, the window in their room has stickers all over.

I visited my friend's house who has a toddler daughter and she simply plays with a doll and kitchen stuff in one corner.

I'm just wondering if it's just us....

carang is offline Registered User

i have a large-ish house. my kids have a huge (300') bedroom that they dont' play in... they also have a "playroom" that is abotu 120'.... they don't play in that either (most of the time). they prefer to be out in the living room, so our living area is usually cluttered with toys. BUT we dont' clean up after the kids. THEY do it. i ask them 3 or 4 times, then i go get a big rubbish bag. they know that if they don't clean it up, all of it will go intot he rubbish! once they see that bag, it's amazing how fast they can clean up! LOL!

geomum is offline Registered User

Nope our house isn't a mess, I am teaching my daughter to play with 1 toy at a time, put that away at its place and then pick up another one. Thats what they teach her at school too. She doesn't always comply so I ask her to help me or the DH tidy up which she happily does. She plays only in the living room in her corner (Where her desk and toys are). Also I try to keep the toys current to her interest, storing the rest away for her little baby brother.

we started with that approach as well... it just kind of got away from us a little.

please don't get me wrong, the ONLY day the kids go nuts with toys all over the place is sundays... daddy lets mummy sleep in, but couldn't be bothered asking the kids to tidy up... he leaves that up to mummy!

Bumps Guest

Enjoy your messy house..... one day your children will not be there and you will miss it....

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Daddy lets mommy sleep in? geeeeeez, guess I married the wrong dude:<

My son is still young, just over a year, so of course he doesn`t get the whole clean up after yourself thing. On the days when he is actually interested in playing with his toys (he usually prefers to locate all the dangerous places and activities in the apartment and devote himself to making me crazy), he will have them strewn all over within minutes. I don`t care and will clean them up during his naptimes (but not always) and sometimes `together` at the end of the day. Otherwise I do it after he goes to bed, walking around collecting bits and pieces, with my aching back.

yep, pretty much every sunday! lol! there are times that i have gotten out of bed just in time to make lunch!!!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

My baby wouldn`t let me. And my husband would never wake up.
    :(

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast