Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shipping from US to HK with 3rd party company?

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Shipping from US to HK with 3rd party company?

My daughter has developed a liking for Elmo and I want to get her a plush Elmo toy. I can't find them here in HK so was thinking of getting one from Amazon. However Amazon doesn't ship toys outside of the US for some crazy reason!!

I was wondering, has anyone ever used 3rd party shipping sites like myus.com or onenow.com and do you have any reviews on them? Or are there any other companies like that that I haven't found yet?

Thanks in advance!!

rani is offline Administrator
    Toys R Us had plush Elmos. Have you checked there? Sorry haven't used any of the shipping companies.

lemonade is offline Registered User
    I use www.onenow.com and have to say that overall, I really love the service. One of the things that I like is that they will both receive and forward stuff that you buy yourself (such as from Amazon) and they will also buy things for you where the retailer doesn't accept overseas payment (like Banana Republic, the Gap or pretty much anyone else). Basically, once my stuff arrives at my "US" address, you just follow the instructions to tell them to send it to you. I always use the cheapest option (standard shipping) and without exception, I have received the goods within 2 or 3 days!

One word of advice, I tend to buy in clusters so that when they ship to Hong Kong, the shipping cost is minimised as they charge a basic US$24.99 (I think) charge for each shipment so I just buy a bunch of stuff and then have it sent here all together. Surprisingly, when I do the comparasion - I find that purchasing in the US even with the extra shipping costs doesn't make many of the items all that much more expensive than if I tried to source them here in HK.

When I joined over a year ago, it was free - don't know if they are charging for "membership" now.

LeahH is offline Registered User
    ExpatExpress - same as the above

carang is offline Registered User
    i have bought a couple of elmo's from toys r us... you shouldn't have any problem finding them there at all.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I checked Toys r us in Central and in Tai Koo and couldn't find them at either place - although Tai koo had other Sesame st characters, just no Elmos.

Thanks Leah and Lemonade - I guess if we're just getting the Elmo it's probably not worth it, but I'll keep it in mind if I want to buy a bunch of stuff...

rani is offline Administrator
    Btw, Elmo is coming to HK in July!!
    When Elmo Grows Up Live Show

And the Wiggles are coming in June
    The Wiggles Live in Concert
    Last edited by rani; 03-18-2010 at 09:11 PM.

carang is offline Registered User
    the toys r us in tai koo is too small, the one in central isn't even worth the trip!

why don't you take bubs out for the day to sha tin... there's a BIG toys r us out there... shouldn't take too long on the MTR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast