Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sleep clinic?

premama is offline Registered User

Sleep clinic?

Hi,

Has anyone used Annerley's sleep clinic? Did it work for you? Am considering consulting them but would like to know if anyone's used them and if it helped their babies' sleeping situations.

Thanks!

wenyihsu is offline Registered User

I went to them twice when my son was having sleeping issues when he was 4 months old. I was very nervous about sleep training and had read 5 different books on the topic but I guess I just needed to talk to someone with actual experience to guide me a little and to reassure me that everything was going to be fine. They asked me to chart my boy's sleeping / eating schedule for a couple of days and then based on the chart and observations she helped me figure out what the main problems were. After a week of sleep training, my boy was back on schedule, falling asleep by himself and sleeping through the night again. He's been an excellent sleeper since (he's now almost 3). I would recommend them to anyone needing help.

southside852 is offline Registered User

yes, i had a consultant come over to our house for a meeting. of course, the night after she came, my son miraculously slept throught the night and I didn't even change anythinig except maybe take down one of his cot toys....i charted his eating / sleeping habits too. . .

I have mixed feelings about the consultants as sometimes i find using baby forums like this more helpful in getting advice from moms who have tried and tested the strategies out for the baby.

in the end though if you feel like you've exhausted all options, then it definitely can't hurt :)

miriam228 is offline Registered User

How much to they charge for such consultations pls? You have to go to them, or they come over pls?

southside852 is offline Registered User

look at their website. i think the fees are on it, but i remember it being not too outrageous.