Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which hotel in Singapore?

premama is offline Registered User

Which hotel in Singapore?

Hi,

I'm planning a holiday to Singapore in the summer with my 2 kids (one will be 3 years old and the other 8 months). I've read a lot of good reviews about Singapore and was wondering where people stayed - we're planning to visit the zoo and sentosa island. Are there any other places people recommend to go with young children?

Thanks!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Trip to Singapore during Easter

in addition, Universal Studios just opened up on Sentosa.

Centrally located hotels: Hilton, Marriott on Orchard.
    The Mandarin Oriental and Ritz are closer to the financial area by Marina Bay

Singapore though is very easy to get around, nothing is really ever that far and taxis take you everywhere!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I`m in Singapore right now (baby is napping...zzzzz). We`re staying near Arab street (near Bugis MRT) at the Landmark Village Hotel. It`s good, not too expensive (about $150sd), and it`s in a great location, unlike the 5 stars in Marina Bay.
    We don`t plan to go to Sentosa (not our thing and baby is too young to enjoy it) but are going to the zoo when our son wakes up- a friend is driving us. Taxis are inexpensive here so we have just been taking them where we want to go.
    We wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens because they have a children`s place there, but it was too rainy yesterday. That ruined our plans of the pool, Singapore Flyer and rooftop tourbus as well. We ended up just hanging out at our friend`s apartment in Holland Village and having dinner there afterwards. There doesn`t seem to be much to do (except malls like HK, booooorrrring) when it`s rainy though, so hopefully Easter weekend is nice for you.
    Singapore is a really nice city - clean, beautiful and green, and great local food.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    Marriott - centrally located if you want to be in the Orchard Rd area, but a bit dated and very busy all the time

Fullerton - nice rooms, has river view, location is more CBD but still easy to get around, and more relaxed atmosphere

Mandarin Oriental - nice rooms as well, also with water view, near to shopping centres with great food

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    We stayed at the Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa and loved it.
    And Singapore is really small so regardless of where you stay you are still close to everything.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Premama - i have corporate rates if you need. Let me know which hotel you decide to stay in. Happy to assist.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Just checked, Ritz (SGD240), Four Seasons (SGD240), Mandarin Oriental (SGD245), Fullerton (SGD250).

Singapore has other cheaper and good hotels too btw.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    We stayed at Swissotel Stamford and really liked it. I like that it's practically on top of the MRT station and within walking distance to everywhere. Very convenient. The rooms were nice and the service was good too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast