Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

4 baby bunnies need homes~

BabyC is offline Registered User

hi carang

i really like the grey one, might i know how easy to care for? i have no experience of taking care of any pets.

my daughter is 14 months, is it okay/safe for her to play a rabbit?

sorry for so many silly questions

carang is offline Registered User

we find the rabbits very easy to care for. they eat two things: timothy grass hay (found at some pet shops) and vegetables (we feed ours cabbage as it's the cheapest. no carrots or lettuce. carrots are not good for their tummies and lettuce has no nutritional value.)

you can get a large-ish cage for them, with a plastic or wooden floor. line it with newspaper and then lay down some wood chips. the wood chips serve three purposes:
    1)soak up the urine
    2) minimises smell
    3)provides warmth if needed

because the rabbit's poop is hard and round, it is very easy to clean up. just takes a couple of minutes to remove the old newspapers & wood chips and lay down new ones.

rabbits are not very "playful" animals, they like to mind their own business, but if they grow up around kids, they may "come out of their shell" a little.

we have two kids as well. the main thing about rabbits is that they are naturally jittery creatures. they can actually be scared to death. we've not had any problems with any of ours, though, and we have sometimes 20 dogs downstairs.

no question is silly when it comes to deciding whether or not to take on a pet. it's a decision that should not be taken lightly.

BabyC is offline Registered User

thanks carang

let me discuss witth my helper to see if she is willing to take up the additional work...

carang is offline Registered User

still have 5 babies in need of homes...

thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Scroll to top