Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Education fund/insurance for baby

moomoo is offline Registered User

Education fund/insurance for baby

Hihi,
    has anyone bought any form of insurance which will provide for the baby's eventual education should something untoward happen to the parent/s?
    Am looking into getting one but have no clue...Pls advise if you have any experience. Thanks!

DebbieChan is offline Registered User
    hello, i currently purchase an assurance policy should anything happen to her parents... though I didn't buy anything for education as the assurance policy already provides her with a lump sum should anything happen...

i have been using my broker for 10 yrs... for our family's insurance (medical and life assurance)... she isn't pushy and very experience... give me your email if you are interested to contact her.

reei is offline Registered User
    i bought one from AXA. Should the person who is paying for the insurance passed away, the insurance will be paid by the company and will eventually be enough for the kid to go to university. I have a very insurance broker who would assess my policy annually and brief me about it.
    Patrick Leung: TeL;9495 8546

mcdill is offline Registered User
    You can get term life (lump sum payout in the event of death of parent) as well as income protection insurance (regular payout in the event the parent has an accident and cannot continue to work).
    I have a contact from AXA if you are interested. She actually recommended a policy from another provider that had cheaper premiums for the term life portion.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    we bought one from HSBC, it's a retirement insurance thingy but we only have to pay for 3 years and we can either take the money out or keep the money there let it 'grow' with interests and bonus from the market if it's good. we can keep the money there 18 years top, and that's when our little one starts college.

we will consider to buy another package after 3 years depending on the performace of the one we bought. I guess it's better than putting the money in the bank with its tiny little interest, and it's a safer bet than the stock market.

shaanmom is offline Registered User
    there's something available from Manulife which is quite interesting - you only need to pay premium for 8 or 12 years as you wish. I don't want to put too many details here as I am not selling it, but if you are interested, pls pm me and I will send you my broker's contact details for a no-obligation explanation (you can make that part very clear to her!).

moomoo is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for the information. So looks like its mainly AXA and HSBC.. and also mainly term/endowment type of policies. ok..will research more into the topic. Thanks again.

neshxb is offline Banned
    I am with AXA too. Their service is good.