Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Disgruntled Baby Shop customer (you all know which store I am referring to!)

phoenixashburn is offline Registered User
    me too... I cant figure out which is this store..Although I get all my formula from Park n shop and they run out of it so frequently !!

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Bumps to babes, yes?

I had the same experience with infacol - poor little mite was having horrible experience with tummy pain in the early days and having finally found something that helped they were out of stock for two months. Fortunately for us as he grew older the problem went away but honestly how hard is it to predict what stock you're going to need!?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by jane01 View Post
    My local Park n Shop is just as likely to be out of something for months as a baby shop.
    Really? Well, I guess it depends on the "something"--they certainly shouldn't be out of an essential like baby formula for months! And the nice thing is that HK has thousands of Park n Shops conveniently placed so if you can't get it at one you'll likely find it at another.

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    we have two park n shop in kennedy town and if it is out of stock in one of them then we happily trod along to the second one and if it is not there (rarely happens!) then we happily trod along to watsons or mannings. :)

BabyHappy is offline Registered User
    Yes it is bumps to babes. I was avoiding saying the name in order to be fair and discrete.

The key point here is that B2B is the only stockist of this item in HK. You cannot go to another store to get the item like with Park N Shop.
    Additionally, it is not the issue of being able to call ahead, it is fundamentally that they are stocking a critical item to feed a baby. It is not appropriate to run out of stock of baby formula when you are only store that stock it. It is a no brainer!

I want to warn other mother's of this when they make the decision to buy baby formula from this store.

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User
    Sorry, I've got no problem with naming and shaming ;-) and I agree with you Babyhappy, I couldn't find infacol anywhere else and we needed it then. The whole premise of their business is that they stock items that for the most part you can't get elsewhere in Hong Kong and they make a lot of money out of some of us that way, the least they can do is ensure a consistent supply of these items, it can't be that hard!

I spoke to the staff about it on several occasions but they are obviously not empowered to make changes - I feel that if they can organise themselves enough to send me out a marketing email every couple of weeks then they can organise themselves to have consistent stock levels.

On the upside surely someone somewhere with enough money will spot the gap in the market and launch against them - I'd do it tomorrow with the right backing... anyone got a few mil to spare for stock... anyone... hello....

...sigh.

Neha is offline Banned
    What we have done with b2b is often tell the staff when a particular item we need is out of stock to call us when it comes in and we buy a bigger quantity to avoid Any problems

Lisainhk is offline Registered User
    I've found that most shops in general don't seem to stock enough baby food. My 7 month old is still not eating a lot of solids and the only solids he will eat so far are the baby apples in a jar. Both the Wellcome supermarkets near our house have been out of them for the last month because I bought the last 2 jars and the only other type they have is chicken and gravy... Sorry if you live near me and I stole the last ones ;) I should just make my own but have no idea how.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast