Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Disgruntled Baby Shop customer (you all know which store I am referring to!)

BabyHappy is offline Registered User

Disgruntled Baby Shop customer (you all know which store I am referring to!)

Is it just me or does everyone have really bad experiences at that baby store we all love to hate!

I have gone there today to buy baby formula to find it is out of stock for 2 weeks. Ok I should have been more organised and stocked up on it but it is not just me. I was surrounded by two other mothers in the same position!!

I just cannot believe that a store selling such a critical item as baby formula has such bad processes for ordering and tracking of stock that it allows it to run out. It is totally unacceptable.

I want to warn all mothers out there using formula to buy it from a source where you have a back up rather then just relying on this store.

Would welcome other views?

carang is offline Registered User
    one of the many reasons i never went for "designer" formula.... i wanted to be able to pop into the supermarket or pharmacy to be able to buy some. so much easier (and cheaper, too!)

BabyHappy is offline Registered User
    Yes that is what I am now going to do! I have learnt my lesson and will not give that store another dollar of my money.

The store's attitude just disgusts me. Additionally they are a complete rip off and for a shop that caters to babies, you cannot even push a stroller round it!

jane01 is offline Registered User
    My local Park n Shop is just as likely to be out of something for months as a baby shop.

If it is the store I'm thinking of, I've had a bad experience too. I purchased a trampoline and the sales woman assured me that the delivery men would set it up. Of course, they didn't. Didn't know anything about it. Didn't know they were supposed to. Didn't know how to do it. I ended up putting it together myself and it took hours. That was the last time I shopped there. They just don't care about customers at all.

Toys Club and the ELC shop in Princes Building have much better customer service. Although neither are much help with formula.

Neha is offline Banned
    Assembly is extra charge if u paid for it they should have.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    If it's the store I'm thinking about, yes I have pet peeves with them...

BUT for Christmas, we bought my daughter a rocking horse and when we set it up, it was rocking slightly crooked. Some people might not even make a big deal out of it, but my husband is a perfectionist and he wanted a replacement. The one that we bought, we brought it home and assembled it ourselves. After we called to complain, they came to our house to pick it up and brought us one that they had already assembled and checked that it was fine. So we had a pretty good experience there...

That has nothing to do with formula though...

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Why can`t you just say the name of the store, who cares?
    I finally ascertained which one it was anyway, I think:)
    I have a similar problem with formula. I got stuck with my son liking this one hard to find brand(Bellamy`s) and there are only a few shops in HK that sell it and they are out of it half the time... Very infuriating. This, by the way, is a HK-wide problem with keeping consistent stock in general. Last time I went to B2B for it, I just called ahead and asked them if it was in stock. Saves the trip to Central for me.
    I find it easier now just to order online in HK.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    I am sorry but I still have no clue about which baby store you all are talking about... :(

Wild guess.. Eugene??

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast