Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Baby wakes up everyday at 5am!!!!!

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    Yes! Sleep begets sleep. Earlier your baby sleeps, later she will get up. Seriously!:) Why is that? Because more overtired a baby, less s/he sleeps. Yesterday, because my son was too excited during the day (a beach day) to take his full midday nap- I put him to bed at 6pm. He woke up at 6:30am.

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Sounds so strange, Suv!! "Earlier your baby sleeps, later she will get up." That's really hard to believe!!!!

Must give it a try tonight!!!! Can't wait!!

Thanks!!!!!

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User
    :D yes, do give it a try- it does sound counter intuitive but it really works! Forgot to add- I also work with Gina Ford routine in general but I could never get my kid to sleep till 7am or 8am. Neither have I ever used blackout curtains. She does say though that around 5am, kids are in their lighter sleep pattern. And I have found that to be true with my baby- any sound and he wakes right up.

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    "BTW, my baby becomes really sleepy from about 9pm. However, I won't let her sleep until she has her last feed at 10pm. I'm worried if she sleeps so early, she'll be up at 12-1am!! "

Miriam,
    I don't think you should KEEP your baby up till her last feed... Doesn't sound sensible and sounds pretty 'inhumane' to me indeed. If she shows any sign of sleepiness, let her sleep!! Don't worry about waking her for the last feed - she will take the feed, trust me. If she is in DEEP sleep and doesn't open her mouth, use your own way to wake her up a bit (slightly squeeze her hand, pat on her face, touch her lips...etc). If I didn't have to work full time, I would put my son to sleep earlier than 9:30. And, another important thing is: keep your baby's bed time regular, i.e. I turn off the light by 9pm and put some light music on, which is a message to my son that it is a time for bed. He knows he has to quiet down and soon get into sleepy mood and fall into sleep. Then, back to the topic of this thread: how can I make my baby sleep longer and not wake up every day at 5am? I have no answer really.

What's this about Gina Ford pls??

(I'd already be so thankful if she could sleep till 7-8am!!!!)

OX Jess is offline Registered User
    And, another problem with my son is that he has a pair of super-sensitive ears!!!!! A tiny bit of sound, whatever the sound of the toilet flush, close of a wardrobe door, etc. he will wake up! Me & my husband have to WHISHPER to each other whenever he is asleep! Arrgghhh!

I know it's so cruel to keep her awake when she's yawning and rubbing her eyes.....!!!

Will try tonight to let her sleep when she's sleepy and pick her up again around 10-10:30pm for her night feed.

Hope it'll work!!

southside852 is offline Registered User
    9pm is so late for a bedtime . . .

By 7/8 months your baby SHOULD be able to sleep through the night without a feed and have all she/he needs to sustain themselves from their day feedings. Yes, it's easier said then done. When my son was in a crib, his bedtime was 7pm and he was up at 6am without a feed Occassionally, he would cry once in the night, but we would let him cry and he would put himself back to sleep.

Blackout curtains are key. From around 4 - 7, your baby goes into a light sleep . . . From 6 - 14 months, my son slept 30-45 mins in the morning, then 1.5 hours in the afternoon.

Miriam, can I ask you why you give her a nightfeed?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast