Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Baby wakes up everyday at 5am!!!!!

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Workingmom1975, lucky you, to have a baby with such a good sleeping pattern!!

Noticed one thing you mentioned: "- No nap after 4p.m. so that he's ready for bed at 8p.m." So, I should deliberately keep her up?? Would that be too cruel/make her overtired, causing to sleep less?

Mine has a nap from about 5/6pm (after her "dinner") until about 7pm..... So that may be the cause....?? Once my helper let her sleep from 7pm and she woke at 11pm, WIDE AWAKE until 2am!!!!!!!!!

Tini, yes, my LO is being rocked back to sleep when she awakes. My mom & helper would not allow her to cry back to sleep on her own, no matter how much I prefer her to sleep on her own ....

Luckily last night, she slept through the night and woke up at 0630 this morning!

One more thing. She has her short naps in the morning, and SOMETIMES longer naps in the afternoon, for about 2 hours. If no afternoon nap, she will become very tired after her bath followed by dinner, at about 5-6pm. Then normally, she would start to yawn at about 8-9pm.

Last night, she was very awake and alert at night, until she had her bedtime feed at 10pm. Then slept through the night until 0630 this morning.....

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Hi Miriam,

Glad to know that your baby slept well last night! To answer your question, overtireness is something my baby rarely experiences coz I really care about this. I always encourage my baby to sleep 1.5-2 hours in the early afternoon (e.g., 1:30-3:30p.m.), which gives him enough energy to last to 8p.m. without being too tired. That's what I meant by no nap after 4p.m.

Therefore, if you want your baby to go to bed at 9/10p.m., you probably wanna make sure that she gets a good nap in the afternoon but no after 5/6p.m. :)

southside852 is offline Registered User
    our son naps no later than 3pm and for no longer than 2 hours. We start our dinner at 5:30pm and he's in bed reading stories at 7pm. We've had this routine since 4 months old.

When our son took 2 naps a day, his first was at 9am for about 45 minutes then another one at 1pm - 2:30pm.

banane76 is offline Registered User
    How do you get your baby to stay awake without naps after 4? Sometimes my 3 month old gets soooooo tired around 5pm and I'll let her sleep for 30min. What can you do so they can make it to 7/8 before being put to bed?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    3 months still might be early to impose a strict routine so let your baby lead you. If what you are doing is working for you and your family, then by all means stick with it! Why change, what doesn't need to be :) I think this forum is just used to just gather information and research and then you make an informed decision. Take only what you want....

For our son, I think it's all about the timing of the naps. By 12 months, my son could stay up for about 4-5 hours straight. So his afternoon nap would be from about 1pm - 2:30/3pm.

In the earlier days (i.e. 6 - 12 months), our son slept from 8:30/9 - 9:30/10am, then the same afternoon nap. He ran around outside in the afternoon, playdates. I guess the key for our son was not have any downtime so he couldn't get bored. If I felt like he was getting tired early, then I would just start our bedtime routine at 5pm and he was asleep by 6:30pm.

Personally, I believe 8pm is way too late for a baby to be put to bed.....

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User
    Hi Babane76,

My baby is 6-month-old already so he can stay awake from 4-8p.m. However, when he was 3-month-old, he usually napped for 15-30 minutes between 5-6p.m. so that he wouldn't be overtired by 8p.m.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast