Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Baby poops everytime he passes gas

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    warm water and cloth is really not a lot of work! I have a plastic pitcher of cold water and a hot water bottle next to my change area as well as a little bowl and the suzuran cotton pads. When I need to change his diaper i just pour a little bit of hot and cold water into the bowl and dip a cotton pad in and voila! I suppose mildly more work than wet wipes, but once you set it up and get it ready, it's really not that much more work.....

geomum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kcinhk View Post
    My 3 weeks old baby also has the same problem of making a small poop when he passes gas, which is frequently. and his bottom is getting red. will try out "kaikosmom" method with suzuran wipes and warm water, perhaps the wet wipes isn't wet enough.
    Its not about wet wipes not being wet enough, its that they contain a lot of other ingredients that may hurt/ irritate already bruised skin. Warm water is mild and soothing. Besides using this method of cleaning you should also use a diaper rash cream at every nappy change and if your baby's condition does not improve/ gets worse in a week seem doctor's advise.

tstmum is offline Registered User
    I also used warm water and cotton balls/pads when my babies were little and applied Vaseline at each change. Neither of them had much nappy rash. I think one of my kids (breastfed) had 15 pooey nappies one day! But if the nappy rash does continue, do see a doctor for advice (and NOT that one who lectured you about breastfeeding).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Scroll to top