Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Baby poops everytime he passes gas

geomum is offline Registered User

Baby poops everytime he passes gas

My baby is 4 weeks old and everytime he passes gas or sometimes even otherwise little poop comes out. His normal big poops are about 3- 4 times a day, but these small ones means I am changing his diaper every hour and at least thrice in the night. Because of this he has developed a candida nappy rash which is not responding to treatment.
    A doctor I went to for second opinion told me yesterday to give him formula a few times to make his poop more solid. He said I was brain washed into the religion of breastfeeding and there was no real benefit of it after 6 months (All nonsense if you ask me).
    Did anyone have a similar experience?? Any advise??

carang is offline Registered User

find another, better educated dr than the idiot you saw the last time...

jvn
    jvn is offline Registered User

Eeek, what a horrible experience! Sounds like we often pay a fortune to be insulted by our doctors 'round here. I know I have done :-(

It's not even constructive advice, what relevance does their opinion of bf at 6 months have to a 4 week old?

nino is offline Registered User

We experienced the same thing with our daughter (she was exclusively breastfed and is still breastfeeding at 17 months) - many, many little poops all day, along with some big ones, though she only developed a minor diaper rash. I really didn't worry about it as everything else was fine. I did become a pro at changing messy diapers!

And as an aside, I would definitely find another doctor; believing that women are "brain washed into the religion of breastfeeding" is just insulting.

Yup, he lectured me for 10 minutes on why I should give my baby formula and not breastfeed him. Said I was nuts to breastfeed my first one for more than a year.
    Anyhow I went to this doc just for a second opinion, our usual Pediatrician is Dr Henry Hui and he is treating the problem but not the root of it, which seems to be frequent poops which keeps keeps his diaper wet. So if there is a name for such a disorder and it can be treated somehow I would be glad to know.

Can anyone also recommend a VV GOOD water proof barrier cream, thanks.

carang is offline Registered User

vaseline... also the cheapest

Sazzy is offline Registered User

I used Desitin for nappy rash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Scroll to top