Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Due mid-December 2010

steffort is offline Registered User
    Hello ladies,

I just got a call from the restaurant saying they overbooked meaning we dont have a reservation there anymore. I went ahead and made a reservation at the Chinese restaurant

Zen Chinese Cuisine, its on the LG floor just as you exit the MTR into Pacific Place.

Reservation is for 8 persons under the name GEO. Private message me if there are any more of you who'd like to attend so far we have the following:

Steffort
    KeHK
    KMS
    JaneHK
    S_HK
    Sea_princess

See you all tomorrow and hope the Chinese restaurant is ok for you.

:)) x

KMS
    KMS is offline Registered User
    I will be there at Zen...see you then!

sea princess is offline Registered User

hello

Hi Ladies
    Turns out I was misdiagnosed at queen mary las week (would have helped if the doctor had physically examined me rather than asking point to where it hurts!). Anyhow, it was much more severe than expected. I have been hospitalised and then require 6 weeks bed rest post surgery, so wont be around to meet with you for some time. Baby is ok for time being, so fingers remained crossed. I'll keep checking for updates on how you are all doing.

janehk is offline Registered User
    Zen sounds good - see you there!

Sea princess - you poor thing, hope you feel better...

sea princess is offline Registered User
    Thanks Janehk.
    I am now having to swap ob/gyn's are some pretty ordinary mis-treatment. Can any of you recommend a obs/gyn that would be supportive and available now I am high risk (as is the baby)? I first consulted my obstretician about my problem last Thursday before I was rushed to Queen Mary. He wouldnt return my calls and his nurse passed on the message to take a couple of panadols! On Saturday (two days after the start of the problem) and having being diagnosed with a life threatening issue and requiring immediate surgery, he still wouldnt call us back and we were desperate for another opinion. Anyhow, a terrible ordeal and now I am so paranoid I know I will need a very comforting and available obs/gyn.
    Thanks any suggestions are appreciated.

Sea Princess, I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through. Stay strong and know that you have a support network here. If at any time during your bed rest would need help I'd be more than happy to come to you and lend you my advice and support in person.

I would recommend that the first thing you do is not waste any more time. Pick up the phone now and call MATILDA HOSPTIAL OUTPATIENT 2849 1500. I would recommend ALL of their OBGYN they are all amazing and Matilda is known for their outstanding maternity care. I would explain to the nurse your issues and then tell her that you'd like her to recommend a Doctor. Tell her its urgent and that you dont mind to come and wait in the waiting room until one of the on duty Doctors are available. I see both Dr Gosh & Dr Patrick Chan. I've had Dr Gosh as my Doctor since I was nine years old and thats now 22 years, he is amazing! Dr Patrick Chan has also been great I've been seeing him when Dr Gosh is unavailable. Both are attentive to your needs and both will do examinations to put you at ease, at least in my experience. If no Doctors are available at the hospital I'd suggest you ask them for their clinic numbers and explain to the clinic the urgency of the situation and that you cannot wait any longer and that you dont mind to wait in the waiting room to see the Doctor.

Let us know how you get on!! Wishing you all the best!!

Ladies, I wanted to recommend one website that I have found very useful especially for health and fitness during pregnancy!

Pregnancy Nutrition & Pregnancy Exercises at BabyFit.com

I've signed up to their newsletters and they have great advice and tools!

PurpleFlower is offline Registered User
    Sea Princess, hope you're feeling better soon. Ditto what Steffort says. Any time, just let us know if you need anything.

I think there have been some posts on this forum about good doctors for high risk pregnancies. So you might be able to search what other's experiences have been. Dr Gosh and Dr Chan both feature a lot on these forums too, so I think they'd be good choices as well.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast