Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I want cheap but decent maternity clothes

Pondering is offline Registered User

I want cheap but decent maternity clothes

Hello. I am pregnant with my second child. With my first baby, I felt so frumpy in the maternity clothes that I could afford to buy. This time around I want to look and feel better about the experience of pregnancy but I just don't have the money to spend 200+ HKD up on every single piece of clothing.

Specifically what I'm looking for are a nice pair of stretch black trousers that could serve as dress slacks. I cannot handle anything squeezing on my baby bump so thus far I haven't found any belly belts that help much. I am also looking for dress shirts and blouses that are trendy but not pricey.

Also, have a western frame (wide hips, a bit of a bum, long legs and arms).

Do any of you mums out there have tips for good places in HK to find decent maternity clothes?
    silja likes this.

mcdill is offline Registered User
    I liked the H&M Maternity range but I think some of the pieces would still cost 200+HKD up.

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    You may be able to find maternity pants for 200HKD or less at Motherworld.

Actually I haven't bought any maternity clothes, other than 4 pair of pants (one being a pair of exercise pants).

For tops, you may be able to check on small outlets store in WanChai, or even in Central. Just look for blouses and shirt that have loose fit. I got some for less than 100 HKD at UNO.

Pondering is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the response mcdill but, actually H&M is out of my price range--I might buy one or two items there. I'm looking more for outlet stores or places that sell overstock--that sort of thing. Any suggestions?

banane76 is offline Registered User
    check asiaxpat, sometimes people are selling their clothes that are still fairly new or not even worn yet.

bloominginHK is offline Registered User
    I'm due to give birth any day now and have some maternity clothes that I'd be willing to sell pretty cheap. I"ve got a really nice pair of jeans, a pair of black dressier pants (that I've actually never worn), 2 skirts that are super comfortable (but a bit worn), a pair of khaki pants (but I had them hemmed so not sure they'll be the right length), a khaki skirt, a nice but simple dress black skirt, a dressier black dress and maybe a handful of shirts. I'd be happy to send some pictures along with some specific prices as well as maybe a whole lot price if you're interested.

As for shops... there's a random market type shop in Sai Kung that occassionally has some maternity clothing. Also there is a stall at the Ladies Market and the Kowloon City market though I've not shopped at either of those so I don't know what their prices are like. Though I'm assuming they'll be cheaper than [email protected] and other places.

Feel free to pm me if you want to take a look at my clothes.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    If you are M - L then I am selling a bunch of my maternity clothes on AsiaXpat. Between $20 and $50 a piece. PM me if you are interested. Jeans, dress pants, skirts etc - from H&M, M&S, Bun in the Oven, Patch as well as some clothes I had tailored for the office.

SB2
    Last edited by starbucks2; 03-25-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Not sure how pregnant you are, but summer is soon on the way, lasting probably most of your pregnancy. I think you can get away with a lot more non-pregnancy clothing, as flowy shirts are still in, as are oversized shirts which will look actually nice with a belly. You can wear leggings with flowy dresses too, and when your belly gets too big you can put the wasteband under it.
    H&M also has sales too in the maternity section and you might be able to find some items for under $200 - I found stuff for $80-100 when I was pregnant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast