Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


$100 transport/passage fee

  1. #1
    fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Tin Hau

    $100 transport/passage fee

    Our helper is taking her entitled home leave and I was wondering whether I have to pay her the $100 passage costs which I paid when she started her contract with us.

    Any ideas and what's the norm?

  2. #2
    TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hong Kong

    That's only for the end of contract right? Our agency makes us fork that sum out at the end of a contract or termination not anytime before.

  3. #3
    0ze_Kid's Avatar
    0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    DB, Hong Kong

    Contract says you have to pay her fare (including transfers) to her home town as well as taxi/food if she can't get a direct flight.

    If still under contract/visa then they have to pay a some exit/entry fee at the airport but they can get exemption from this with a form from her consulate (Filipino does anyway) which she needs to get before she leaves. For anything else, just demand a receipt.

    I am not aware of agency fee requirements though. Contact the agency as I am sure they will tell you what they expect.

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone use a bike seat to transport their child?
    By wanfamily in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 08:17 AM
  2. Transport to the hospital when you are in labor
    By bart in forum Preparing for the Arrival
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 04:06 PM
  3. Transport Links Sai Kung
    By Coby'smum in forum Moving Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2009, 05:41 PM
  4. Adventist hospital- transport
    By alibali in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 09:48 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Scroll to top