Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Helpless in Hong Kong.

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User
    Beacon Hill, Kowloon.

Be kind to yourself, find someone you can speak to and take care.

Dear Bumps,

All of the things in your post that left me feeling concerned and worried for you.

You describe yourself as bordering on suicidal, feeling both hopeless and helpless and that there is no point in existence.

If not for yourself, but for your family. Seek some psychological help and support.

Here are a few contacts:

24-hours Suicide Prevention Services 2382 0000
    24 Hour Multi-Lingual Suicide Prevention Hotline 2896 0000
    St. John's Counselling Service
    ReSource The Counselling Centre

If you feel comfortable talking to your family doctor about this, they may be able to recomend a psychologist that you could work with to help you through how you are feeling.

Take care of yourself.
    Last edited by Jo Bowd; 03-30-2010 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Wanted to change the wording.

1stimemum is offline Registered User
    bel air
    I understand how you feel. I find that HK is depressing and its all about the money. Isnt that why we are all here. Sometimes I feel like such a hypocrite, enjoying the good life, the xpat perks without giving back, truly giving back.. The lure of the financial is so strong and unfortunately most of us are too weak.

My only sanity is knowing that I can do my best to leave a positive footprint and be kind to everyone I can...there is no attachment to the results just the act is enough.

pls take care.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    South District
    Hi Bumps,

don't feel too depressed...i was in the same situation as you when i worked at an international school here too...but what i did was i actually started the recycling program at the school. it's not so hard really because there are plenty of companies that are willing to come to your school to collect paper (because it is $$$ for them). it was real simple....
    1) get the OK with the school (costs them nothing)
    2) call the recycling company (list is at the link below) and have them a) provide you with bins for collection (or you could you use empty paper containers) b) a time for collection on a weekly basis
    3) as long as the waster paper is in an open area or the security know about it, the program will run itself!

HK is slow, I know for sure but after implementing the program, lots of teachers actually tookup the oportunity to include it into their teaching, so there is hope! Hang in there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12