Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Infant Bed post Cot/Crib

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Infant Bed post Cot/Crib

My 7 month-old flips and turns around quite a bit in her sleep and can literally be found at different corners of her cot on many mornings.

As she gets longer, the width of her cot is also getting too tight and sometimes she finds herself wedged against the side rails. I am thinking if I should move her to an infant bed that is wider and can provide more rooms for her to move around.

What do you do, and any recommendation where to get a good infant bed, which is low (close to the floor) with side rails?

Thank you in advance!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    My baby has always slept like you describe. He moves all the time and is always wedged up against the rails somewhere. I think that your baby can adapt to his growing body himself, though I don`t know the size of your bed. My son`s is 120x60 and will be good until he`s 2 or so, I would think, maybe even longer.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I would say she is too young for a bed, she might flip out. My daughter still moves and flips around and I find her up-side down, face wedged against the cot bars and she is 25 months. I wouldnt worry about it. Its all part of growing up. If you are really worried, you can try to tuck her in with a bed sheet but this didnt work with me.

I would only worry if your baby starts to wake up.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    My daughter often sleeps with a leg dangling out of the cot through the bars. She's definitely a lot longer than the cot is wide, but I figure if she's comfortable and sleeping, that's all I care about. She sleeps in weird positions but if I was going to try and ensure that she was always on the mattress, I'd have to get a padded floor that would cover her entire room I think ;)

I do want to try and move her to a big bed soon though because I want to use her cot for her baby sister in July - but I don't think she's ready... she's 17 months so theoretically old enough but I can't see it working...

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Thank you very much ladies!! I feel much better now. Was initially concerned whether she will hurt herself one day with arms/legs dangling out between the rails.

These days, she also likes to wedge her face right next to something, be it pillow, blanket etc. Should we still be concerned about SID risk at this age (7 months)?

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    So SIDS is very low risk now. As long as your baby can move its head - its fine

City Jammer is offline Registered User
    My little girl has NEVER slept quietly in her cot and we always find a foot or a leg daggling out of the bars. I don't see any problems with that and she's 16.5 months. We'll probably keep her in the cot for a bit longer.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    These days, she also likes to wedge her face right next to something, be it pillow, blanket etc. Should we still be concerned about SID risk at this age (7 months)?
    I`m one of those hysterical mothers who always think of the worst thing that can happen. I was still afraid of SIDS until he was a year, and I still continue to check his breathing from time to time even now. I am not in favour of pillows for babies and mine only sleeps with a sleeping bag or lightweight blanket for naps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast