Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

what to do to stop mosquitoes bite at night

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

what to do to stop mosquitoes bite at night

Is there any advice on what to buy to prevent mosquitoes bite at night? My son and I had a bad night sleep last night as we were bitten by a mosquito, I can't use any of those stuffs that got smells coming out as I dont' know if it's ok for the baby or not, so is there anything i can do to stop this? I dont know where these mosquito all came, it's especially serious when the weather gets warmer. wHat do others do?

Aava.Wong is offline Registered User
    if you dont like the sprays/smells then best is to get a mosquito net for the beds.

NewMommie is offline Registered User
    I think I've seen these stickers that you can stick onto baby's clothing that is supposed to keep mosquitos away. However, my baby is a newbie so I haven't had a need or the chance to go looking for them. I saw them once at a garden wedding and the mom told me they were made by a Japanese company...therefore maybe Eugene's would have them? Might call ahead and ask though since I'm just guessing here.

Also, once you're bitten (not for the baby, but for you), immediately wash with soap and water to get rid of any lingering poison. And if you're super allergic like me, you might take an antihistamine, which will prevent the poison from reacting and basically kill the bite before it has time to create a reaction (as you know, once the reaction sets it'll take days to heal and be itchy the whole time). I have no idea if this is particularly safe, but the antihistamines I took were over the counter so it was no big deal...however, please ask your doctor first if it's OK to try this!
    Last edited by NewMommie; 03-29-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I bought a mosquito net it put it over my son`s bed. My husband also found this `watch-like` device for camping that emits a high pitched sound that apparently the mozzies don`t like. We used it a bit, not sure if it worked though, but the sounds was too audible for me.
    I lived in Thailand for a few years and the best prevention is the mosquito net, hands down.

carey is offline Registered User
    We pull our hair out trying to fight mosquitos.

We have both a mosquito net and the "watch-like` device. He is getting bit a lot less often now. We also put mosquito screen on one of his windows so when we have to occasionally often the window to vent the smell of his poo, we are not giving any chance for the bug to come in.

Speaking of mosquito net, we used to have a metal holder that attach to the bed rail to hangthe net. Now we took this holder away becuase I afraid he would pull the mosquito net and bring the holder down and hurt himself. Now, we would wait for him to fall asleep and then cover the net over his cot.

We also try to keep his door closed. We have the sprays handy but have not used it yet.

I will definitely go around to look for this mosquito relellent patch.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for your replies and method, I used the mosquito repellant patches last night and we both had a good sleep, no more mosquitoes and I kept the windows closed. But my son got those bites already the day before, so sure it's now going to take days for him to recover